NBA Finals. Heat vs Thunder. Who ya got?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 99rangerguy, Jun 10, 2012.

?

Heat or Thunder?

Poll closed Jun 30, 2012.
  1. Heat

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Thunder

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. OP
    99rangerguy

99rangerguy New Member

Um... MJ was way worse than Lebron in the cocky ****.

And Heat win game 2 on the road!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

08 Ranger Sport 4X4 New Member

And another note to freeman talking about those players being not "cocky"... you should watch the documentary NBATV did on the "Dream Team" from the Olympics. You might think again about calling them not cocky, no attitude or arrogance. Their practices were all out brawl's on the court, with that many personalities and such an amazing amount of talent, there were definitely ego's all around battling one another being "cocky". It's a really good insight to how those players actually were on and off the court during their time for the Olympics. Great documentary.

On the other side of things, the Heat were able to even up the series (1-1) last night in another hard fought victory. Great game for the Heat starting out strong. The Heat finally started Bosh and he delivered huge in the paint with 10 points and 10 boards in the first half. Lebron and Dwade finishing in the 4th quarter. Bad start for the Thunder but made a major surge like usual in the 3-4 quarters. Great play by KD in the 4th with another 17 point 4th quarter. (first person to have 2 17 point 4th quarters back to back since the merger of the league).

I'm gonna go ahead and knock this loss up to who I said would be one of the only problems for the Thunder... Turnovers by Westbrook.

I am really excited for this series now because the Heat are going home with the series tied, they need to 2 of 3 to have any chance of winning the title. Westbrook and the Thunder will definitely bounce back for game 3. Westbrook will go for at least 25-30 in game 3. He's going to get his, I just hope him getting there doesn't hinder KD's scoring or the rest of the team for that matter. IF that happens, I am seeing another loss for the Thunder as long as the Heat play like they did in game 2.

4. pooleo

pooleo New Member

At least the lakers are not in it. There like duke, in every friggin championship game. **** gets ooooollllld!

5. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

I used to be a big Laker fan, after Phil Jackson retired and they brought in Mike Brown from Cleveland I kinda lost interest, that and they traded Lamar Odom, who while on the Lakers was the best 6th man in league. I am a huge Duke fan though. Love Coach K because he takes kids that have talent but are not always the "top" recruits and makes one hell of a basketball team. I can see if you're not a fan that it does get old. That's probably why I hate any everything Boston sports lol

6. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

Heat take their first home game last night in a grind out game to the very end of the 4th quarter, fighting off the surging Thunder. Heat lead series 2-1. IF the Heat take game 4, they have a huge opportunity to win the series in front of the home fans. They cannot take their lead for granted, Thunder are too good for that.

I think last night was the first time during the playoffs I've noticed any shakey-ness by the Thunder. Slow on defensive help, missing open shots, not anyone playing to their best ability. Maybe their inexperience in the Finals is getting to them. Let's hope they can "Thunder up" and make this a 6-7 game series.

On another note, thinking back to last years Finals, if Lebron played that series like he's playing now, especially in the 4th quarter, I think the Heat would be defending a Championship, not trying for their first one.

7. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

Any predictions/hopes/wants for tonight's Game 4?

I hope/want the Heat win. If they do, they will put tremendous pressure on the young Thunder, facing elimination in the games to come. I hope they play above their age and make a nice comeback and turn this into a 7 game series.

Heat win 108-102

8. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

So I was close in my guess for last nights game. Heat win 104-98. Take a commanding lead in the series at 3-1. The Thunder blew a 17 point lead in the first half. Lebron had 26 points, 12 assists and 9 boards and didn't play the final 2 minutes due to cramping up, but was able to come back after the fall to hit a giant 3 at the top of the key in front of Durant. That shot put the heat up 97-94 and they never looked back. Chalmers and Wade had 25 points and Norris Cole gets major props, having major energy/hustle plays along with a few huge baskets. Westbrook played out of his mind and scored 43 points but had a mental lapse at the end of the 4th quarter fouling Chalmers with only 5 second on the shot clock and 15 seconds left in the game. Chalmers made both free throws to ice the game. Another convincing win for the Heat.

No team has ever been up 3-1 in a Finals and not won the championship. But if any team could blow up internally and break that streak, it could be the Heat lol.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  9. Justincredible

Justincredible BLACKOUT

Heat all the way

10. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

Thunder aren't playing good at all still young they deserve to lose that way they get more serious and competitive for the following seasons to come. Congrats to the heat they'll be champions either next game or on Sunday

11. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

I couldn't agree with you more. They have so much talent, but it's young talent. The only person that showed up to play yesterday was Westbrook. I was disappointed to say the least. They will be contenders for years to come if Durrant and Westbrook are there. But I'm not going to completely count them out yet, if the Heat get too comfortable they will be beat in game 5. I just hope they come out with a killer instinct and finish this series at home.

12. Freemans 00

Sad really you beat the SanAntonio Spurs the Lakers and the Mavericks almost all sweeps but you cant seem to play the best like you have all season in the Finals, and against a team you beat during the season. Its the pressure and lack of knowledge. Hopefully theyll play next season like the Heat are right now.

13. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

The Thunder will be around for a while in the post season as long as they have KD and Westbrook.

Any predictions for tonight? Do Lebron and the Heat finish it off at home? Or does the Thunder take it back to OKC and force a possible game 7?

I'm going with the Heat. I hope they can pull it off tonight and come out fast and strong for their home fans. Expecting big games from KD and Westbrook again, but I don't think the rest of the team will give much help. I just hope the role and bench players for the Heat produce so it doesn't just rest on Lebron and Dwade. Here's to hoping for another nail biter.

14. OP
    99rangerguy

99rangerguy New Member

ONE WORD. LEBRON.

I told y'all this was Lebron's year. He put on a great performance throughout the post season, and the finals! A triple double in the clinching game, his FIRST this year. 30.3 ppg, 10 reb, 6 ast during this post season.

Lebron, is now, on the top 10 all times list. Now he can work his way up and if he wins 3-4.. He's in the top 5!

Give the guy credit. He deserved this more than anyone. After all the **** he's been through. Like he said, "It's about damn time".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

THE KING HAS HIS RING!

15. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

So I was pretty close on my prediction for the Heat bench players coming up huge. Michael Miller was 7 of 8 from beyond the 3 pt line which is ridiculous. Norris Cole had some huge plays as well. Chalmers, Battier, Bosh all had great games. Wade also had some major buckets and great defensive plays. He had quite a few blocks. Even one that was called goaltending that definitely wasn't.

But this win belongs to Lebron who had a triple double (first this season) in a clinching game of the Finals (5th player all time to do this, first time since 2003 (Tim Duncan)).
    Becoming the first person to win the regular season MVP and the Finals MVP since Tim Duncan in 2003. He joins a list of amazing players to do this feat: MJ (4 times) Bill Russel (4 times), Bird (2), Magic, Kareem (2), Shaq, Hakeem Olajuwon, Tim Duncan, Moses Malone, Wilt Chamberlain, Willis Reed and Bob Cousy. What a group to be a part of. Only 2 players have averaged 30 pts, 9 boards and 4 assists in a single post season: Oscar Robinson and Lebron twice (2009 and 2012). I'm not saying Lebron is the greatest player ever, but he is in at least the top 10 right now, just for his MVP, scoring, and other titles and achievements.

A lot of announcers are saying they haven't seen such a convincing win for a Finals clincher in a long time. And they also said it was one of the best Finals in the past 10-20 years, in their opinion. But I feel this isn't the last the Heat may see of the Thunder in the next few years in the playoffs. The Thunder will come back next season. Can't wait to see what happens.

16. Freemans 00

Lol only bad thing I can say is te shouldn't have been celebrating early in the 4th but I know how hard it can be not to. Until next year

17. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

Yea, I understand what you mean. But I like late in the third/early 4th when Chalmers was throwing his arms up at the crowd and Lebron showed a lot of maturity by coming over and tell him "not yet" and calming him down a bit. That's probably something that wouldn't have happened last season, Lebron would have been right there with him lol. Lebron did not really start to celebrate until there was only like 1:30 left in the game. At that point he was on the bench and the game was over. But it's definitely a major victory and something that they've striven for all season and all their lives. Hard to hold in that emotion lol.

18. OP
    99rangerguy

99rangerguy New Member

RIP RINGLESS JOKES.

The KING finally got his RING!

19. Freemans 00

yeah but he has to get what 3 more to be on KOBE and Jordabs level lol its a start but they need a good pg and a very strong center and yet play as a team a real team to keep this going. I still fell they like to run off and do there own thing every now and then. WADE,BOSH, and LEBRON they should be dominate and only lose 10 games at max a year and those be close games. Is it just me or do I expect to much out of them?

20. OP
    99rangerguy

99rangerguy New Member

If Rose isn't back to normal, and the celtics split up. The heat are the favorites in the east again.

Lebron is going to get 3-4 rings, and if he does, I think he's on MJs level. And he'll get more MVP than him.

21. Freemans 00

What about the Knicks? They have stoudemire, Carmelo, linn, and possibly Steve Nash if they are all healthy you best watch out the clerics are dieing unfortunately there's a lot of talent and teams coming together to be looking out for next season