NBA Finals. Heat vs Thunder. Who ya got?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 99rangerguy, Jun 10, 2012.

?

Heat or Thunder?

Poll closed Jun 30, 2012.
  1. Heat

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Thunder

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

basketball sucks...end of discussion.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

08 Ranger Sport 4X4 New Member

I don't care how old that Boston team was, they will give anyone trouble (even the Spurs/Thunder) because they are still very good and very crafty, just more streaky than they used to be. Ray Allen is still hitting big shots, Paul Peirce is just a joke, KG had one of his best series ever in the playoffs and Rondo is just fu***ng good. (I hate to say that last one but its true). Not to mention Doc Rivers is a great coach and will be in the HOF for coaching. You can never count out any team in the playoffs. I mean look at the Thunder, everyone cast them to the side when they went down 0-2 to the Spurs. Then they beat them in 4 straight.

IDK how much you've watched of the Thunder during the season or during the post-season, Durant rarely runs the ball up the court. It's Westbrook down the court then either shoot and miss or just not pass and turnover the ball. As long as Westbrook doesn't try to run and gun and then create too many turn overs for himself the Thunder have a very good chance of winning. Sefo is playing well and "I-blocka" is always a force to contend with (esp. now that he has a pretty decent jump shot). Hardin is one of the most underrated players in the league. Fisher is still ok on D but is a very, very streaky shooter.

The Thunder did the same thing at the end of their game after they clinched to the Finals.

So you're saying that since the Thunder beat a team that had a phenominal run leading up to and carrying over into the playoffs they are just going to destroy the heat? I'm sorry, the Spurs are very, very good, but they were missing 2 very important pieces that the Heat have: Lebron James and Dwayne Wade. The Spurs do have a bunch of good players, but no one really great (other than Tim Duncan, who is still one of the most dominant big man in the league). LBJ and DWADE are two of the fastest players on the court as well as some of the best finishers around the rim and in transition. I'm not saying it'll be easy for either side. The one-two punch of Durant and Westbrook is good, just watch out when things get down to the nitty-gritty because the Thunder in fact are the younger, less experienced team in the Finals. Heat have been there and were just there last year. I agree they need to focus down, but they know what they have to do, the Thunder don't really know what to expect other than Perkins and Fisher. When it's something new, it changes everything.

Agree 100% Lebron is a better all around player but both are the best small forwards in the NBA

If you're talking Kobe from 4-5 years ago I would agree with you, but Kobe is getting older and is still going to be one of the all time greats, as well as MJ, but Kobe in the past couple years has not been his elite usual style of play. Lebron is the best player in the NBA right now hands down. Durant is a very close second the way he has been playing as of late.

I think if ESPN and sports coverage in general was like it is today back when MJ, Magic, Bird, etc. played they would be getting hit just as hard as Lebron, I think Jordan would have been more scrutinized actually. MJ didn't win a champ till he was 27, Lebron still has a lot of career left (as long as he's healthy). Not sure why everyone hates on him, he's just down right good. I'm from Ohio and have been a fan of Lebron's since his junior year of HS. I got to see him play in a HS tourny near me and he did a between the legs dunk as a 17 year old, I was hooked. Liked it when he played in Cleveland but I don't see what he did a bad thing, he wants to win. Go play with people that have won (Dwade) and get your ring.

Right now, there are really only two names when it comes to the best in the NBA: Lebron James and Keven Durant. End of discussion.

Didn't Eli Manning just win another superbowl?...

Not trying to get anyone mad over this, just trying to portray my point of view. I just don't get why people hate on Lebron for being good and wanting to go somewhere to win a championship. Why didn't the big 3 of the Celtics get critiqued the way the Heat have? BECAUSE NO ONE IN THAT BIG 3 IS AS GOOD AS LEBRON AND DWADE. The Celtics picked up 1 really good player (KG) and great but streaky shooter (Ray Allen) and then they had the douche that is Paul Pierce, who in his own way is a pretty decent player (even though he lacks any type of muscle tone or the looks of someone that should be in shape in the NBA).

I like the Heat so I'm picking them to win in 6, but if goes to 7, you might as well flip a coin because at that point, both of these teams will be tired and it will be just an all out brawl. Hoping it does because I'm looking forward to a hardnosed, old school style NBA finals.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  4. pooleo

pooleo New Member

I said that because he is a whiny bit-ch. Just like eli "I wont play for the chargers" pissed and moaned and cried like a little babay. Same as lebron "I can win a title here"

5. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

Right, I see that, but didn't he just win another superbowl? Wasn't that the idea? That's what I would look forward to if I was playing, idc where I am or who I'm with, if it gives me an advantage to get the one thing I want more than anything else, I'm gonna ****ing do it lol. I think most of everyone else would as well.

6. Bormaley

Bormaley New Member

^^^^^^^^^^^

thats Great thanks

7. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

Lebron just looked like a better, more confident player in Cleveland for one reason. He was the only one on that team that could really do anything. He was running the point, playing almost every position, and taking a majority of the shots because there was no one else. He didn't have the surrounding cast like he should have and that's a **** up on the owner/head office of Cleveland. They brought in a no talent player that was supposed to be good like: Antawn Jamison (who is just bad), Shaq late in his career (who was also hurt a majority of the time) so no bangin on Shaq just wrong place wrong time, just to name a few.

And if you watched his elimination game at the Celtics, facing not being able to go to the finals, he wasn't playing to show off, he was playing to win. No high fives, no celebrating after a big shot or defensive play, no nothing but straight determination on his face. He tore that place down. Granted Boston lost their legs a little bit because they are a little older, but at the same time, not any average player can put up 45 pts, 15 rebs, and 5 assts. Especially against Boston's defense under the direction of Doc Rivers. (one of the best (active) defensive minded coaches in the NBA behind Papavich in San Antonio).

8. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

Don't sit here and try and tell me everything I already know about OKC, thy been my team since Durant was in the Nba and yes including the 1 year he played for Seattle I know who they are and how they play.

9. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

Durant rarely takes the ball up the court and plays point, which was one of your main points to why the Thunder would win. And that's great! Glad you have a team and I would have laughed at you when Durant entered the league because I thought he was a joke and knew it would take years for him to develop into the player that every one thought he would be (which he's close now, he's still on the rise). Westbrook has his problems as I mentioned, if he doesn't do crazy things and turn over the ball, the Thunder will probably end up winning. A lot rests with those two in OKC as well as the 2(or3) in Miami.

I was also just giving out my observations from this years season and playoffs. Thunder are a very tough, rugged team that can battle you down low with Perkins and Ibaka or hit you outside with Sefo or Hardin. I really like the Thunder because they are a young team with loads of potential and talent that is on the rise, but I like the Heat more because I've always been a fan of Dwade (since Marquette) and Lebron since he was in high school. It is definitely going to be an interesting Finals, that's for sure.

So now why is it you get so butt hurt when I say things about them? How is that any different from you bashing the Heat? I wasn't even bashing the Thunder at all. If anything I made your argument more valid. You didn't read everything I guess.

How are you gonna sit there and tell me about the Heat, or Lebron in that case? They've been one of my teams since before they won in 06, yes even when they only won like 20 or so games in an 84 game season. Alonzo Mourning bit-ches!!!

10. pooleo

pooleo New Member

I guess I just dont care for coc-ky players in anysport.

Some of the greats in the NBA

MJ- 33.4 pts per game. 6.4 rebounds per game.5.7 assists per game. 28 triple doubles in RS. 2 triple doubles in PO. AND! the only triple double in an all-star game!

KAJ- 24.3, 10.5, 3.2

WC- 22.5, 24.5, 4.2

Magic J.- 19.5, 5.7, 12.3

LB- 23.8, 10.3, 6.5

OR- 22.2, 6.7, 8.9

BR- 16.2, 24.9, 4.7.

All these guys did it without the coc-kyness, attude, and arogance.

LJ numbers. 27.6 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 6.8. While he has numbers that compare to the greats, hes still a piece of sheit!

11. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

You cannot say MJ did not play with cockyness. Are you serious right now Jason? He is one of the most arrogant players in history with him sticking his tongue out, waving fingers at people trying to block him, things he said before, during and after games... c'mon man. And he also has attitude, that's what made him so great. You have to have that level of you call it cockyness/arrogance, I call it confidence, to get the numbers and play like they did. Dont feed me that line of BS. As I said in one of my previous posts, if the sports coverage and style that ESPN portrays in today's times were around back then when they played they would be hit just as hard or harder than anyone in the league right now. People don't really know what all went on in the locker room, or on the court like they do today. Thank you internet... The public eye and what really goes down are two different things.

12. pooleo

pooleo New Member

There is a difference in being coky in game, and being just a general a$$-hole. Thats what Im trying to say here.

13. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

So who is an a$$ hole? I don't get it? Because he left to go to a place that would actually help him get a ring, instead of playing for somewhere that wouldn't give him the surrounding cast he needed to win? For doing what everyone else would have done in his situation?

The only reason he had to announce him going to Miami from Cleveland like he did is because of ESPN and Sportscenter. If they weren't making such a big deal out of it (because they have nothing else to talk about, ESPN and sportscenter has really gone downhill if you ask me). He made it into a charity event to raise about a million dollars and he's the a$$ hole... (I'm assuming this is what you're reffering to. because I don't see any other actions by LBJ to be misconstrued as a$$ hole moves).

14. Freemans 00

Who won game 1 like I said would? I dont want to hear about the game I watch and saw everything and know the statistics save your breath

15. pooleo

pooleo New Member

Real sports dont have a "best out of" series. :p

16. Freemans 00

So every other sport isnt really a sport but Football? Because basketball, baseball, and hockey both have series for the championship

17. pooleo

pooleo New Member

:yes: :thumbsup: :whistling:

18. Freemans 00

lmfao!

19. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

Congratulations! I also said the Thunder would win game 1. You're kinda supposed to win game 1 of the finals when you're the home team. I don't have a problem with the Thunder winning both of their first home games actually. It doesn't become a "series" until someone loses at home. It's game 5 (if it gets there) that I'm worried about for both teams. I feel that the Heat may be able to take the game tonight, but only if they start Bosh and play with the intensity they did in the first half of game one. But still, it wouldn't surprise me if the Thunder took this one as well. I hope this game is a tough well fought one like game 1.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  20. Freemans 00

We can't talk about sports we get to hostile

21. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

No one is being hostile here lol. Look at your first post stirring up the pot, adding fuel the fire, or whatever cliche you want to put in there lol.