Open chat thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hooligan, Feb 3, 2011.

1. kanuck15

kanuck15 Member

Arent many around here anymore, since the side by side craze I am really one of the only ones left. Everyone else decided to bury themselves in debt for a toy. I on the other hand want another house lol

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. 06FordFX4

06FordFX4 Canadian Redneck

haha yeah tons of side x sides around me to. I dont see the big deal with em, 16K+ for a well equipped model, when you could get a suzuki sidekick and build it up with more power, more tire, etc. and WAY cheaper.

4. kanuck15

kanuck15 Member

I got a 350 dollar 79 bronco I have way more fun with than a side by side, plus they break all the time. Seems they are always taking them to the dealer

5. 06FordFX4

haha yep.

People try and convince me I need a side by side, I just say nope. I got the ranger if i wanna go wheeling. It will do a hell of a lot more than any side x side will, and I dont have to pay an extra 18 grand to do it.

I can see the point of the work ones, with the bed and hauling capabilities. Great for older folks on a farm or something. But strictly as a fun toy, dont see the point. at least with a quad or dirtbike you get to move around, and do some fun ****. side by sides you just sit there with a steering wheel. no different than a car/truck!

6. kanuck15

kanuck15 Member

A lot of my friends will admit they miss their bikes/quads. But its a little tough to get back out from under them.

We have a ranger (Polaris type) for farm use, its nice but my vote was for a broncoII instead

7. 06FordFX4

haha yeah a bronco II would be a badass farm rig.

8. kanuck15

kanuck15 Member

I wanted to cut the rear top off and flat bed it sort of.

Hey in other news I have a blown head gasket in the ranger

9. 06FordFX4

****ty deal on the ranger.

I almost bought BII a few weeks ago. Had the back chopped off, and a mini cap built to make it look exactly like a full size bronco. its was like a 78/79 bronco, but mini.

10. kanuck15

kanuck15 Member

That would be sweet, I love my 79

nah not a bad deal. I think this gasket has been bad since I did the swap. I am kind of excited to see how it runs with full power, and also a manual t case swap so I am not losing half my power through that AWD case

11. 06FordFX4

i cant wait till I do a 5.0 swap.

Id do a 6 speed auto, and a 4x4 tcase right from the start. wont happen for a while though. gotta kill the 4.0 first

12. kanuck15

kanuck15 Member

what 6 speed auto bolts to a small block??

13. 06FordFX4

no idea, but theres gotta be one, or just use an adapter.

All i know is i want 6 speed. haha

quick little video of the fun driving on monday

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waxDLhYcOww[/ame]

14. kanuck15

kanuck15 Member

Thats gonna be some wiring to make that work, Ive been debating a t5 swap but I like my 4r70w

Your video looks just like what I drove through in Iraq, cept it was sand and there were mines under it lol

15. 06FordFX4

haha damn that must of been some scary ****.

16. kanuck15

kanuck15 Member

it was the first few times, after that you get used to it lol

17. dropt_98

dropt_98 New Member

Thanks for your service. I just got out of the Air Force in October, I was in for 8.5 years - aircraft mechanic.

18. 06FordFX4

I don't think I would lol. you're braver than I am sir.

19. 2004 fx4 level2

2004 fx4 level2 04 fx4 level II

20. 06FordFX4

hey man hows it goin.

21. 2004 fx4 level2

2004 fx4 level2 04 fx4 level II

hey not much here wat u up to???