What's the biggest ticket you've gotten?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Franchi Motorsports, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

2. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I can admit to triple digits on my way to work, running late but that was a long time ago lol

3. And you're supposed to be a lawman.... Shame shame!

4. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

cant remember the biggest ticket i have recieved they have all been around 100 but i got one that was around 102 bucks for 2 mph over in WV....

5. TomN

TomN RANGER!!!

100~120 for to fast for conditions, when i had the accident.

6. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

I was 16 driving my baby... 1971 chevy C10 stepside (400 small block, 4spd w/ the granny gear, kind of loud, kind of low)...

[​IMG]

Pulling out of the high school parking lot during lunch, I was following one of my friends. There was a city police officer parked across the street where I was pulling out and I knew he was there. I pull out and soon as I go to shift into 3rd, blues start flashing in my rear view. Perfect. He pulls me over right in front of the front of the school!. Everybody saw me. He comes up and claims I was going 34 in a 20 school zone. I was scared shizless. Never been pulled over before, and was confident I didn't do anything wrong. IDK how he came up with 34 considering at the time, the truck's max speed in 2nd gear(I start in 2nd because of the granny gear 1st) was about 20....if I went over, I'd be turning 6000+ rpms. Not good on a basically stock small block chevy. lol. I was the talk of the school the rest of the week.

Long story short, he left me with the ticket that amounted to $474 and told me to have my parents call him that night. They did, he waived it. I think it was a case of a high schooler in a hot truck and the officer wanting to scare the heebie geebies out of a kid.

Another story about high school and this truck... She had messed up taillight wiring. When there should be taillights, there was brake and tail. When there should be brakes or signal, one would go bright the other would go off. Cool stuff like that. I got pulled over by a county sheriff in the DQ parking lot. Sheriff Claggett. First time pulled over at night. I was blinded and had the glovebox checked out by the light. Gave me a warning telling me to fix it. Over the course of almost two years, Sheriff Claggett pulled me over 5 times for the same problem. It became a joke between us. The 6th time he pulled me over at the same DQ after I fixed it and converted to LED truck lights. He said "thank you for FINALLY fixing those lights. And damn! They're bright!". He sure was a cool younger dude. Needless to say, I'm used to yellow jackets in this truck.....and used to seeing blues flash in the review of this truck AND blues from the staters in the big blue truck. lol.

Only one legit ticket that has since rolled off the record: 51 in a 35 at 4:10am in the Ranger on a street that 12 hours later, people would be passing me if I were going 51. $104 turned into about $80 for early payment and pleading guilty. Best part about it...it was the day after this:

[​IMG]

/end novel.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  7. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Well I think that thousands worth of tickets for drag racing has got us beat lol. But heres mine:

Borrowed my brothers Dakota knowing it didnt have insurance and took it to school. Left the parking lot with the straight pipe blazin and I look in my rear view to the berries and cherries. I figure hes a good ways away, Ill try to lose him.... bad idea. In the attempt to outrun him, I rolled through a stop sign and didnt use the turn lane. Pulls me over and he was a she. A bitch to be exact. She wrote me for all 3: turn lane, stop light, and no insurance... Got one dropped but still amounted to over $400 in fines and some SR22 insurance for 3 years. Just finally got that dropped 3 months ago lol

8. SPless

SPless New Member

My first ticket was a 75 in a 55 that got dropped to a 69 in 55, which dropped all points that could be had. My other one for speeding was 87 in a 70 (I was in a hurry to get to the beach) which in the end costed me 650 benjamins. Had a ticket for $419, which I could not pay in full on my court date so I had to pay $44 worth of probation. A few weeks later I got a $200 fine from the state for our beloved "Super Speeder" scam. All of which were in my ranger, 3.0 Litres of fire breathing fury

9. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

^^ Look who's back!

10. SPless

SPless New Member

I make a few appearances every now and then. Spend most of my time over on PowerStrokeNation reading about my new baby. But the ranger still lurks in the yard and gets me to and from work