What made you buy a Ranger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hooligan, Feb 15, 2011.

1. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

4. 06FordFX4

06FordFX4 Canadian Redneck

Why I bought a ranger.

Well, when i first started looking for a vehicle, i was looking at F150'smostly the 92-96 bdy styled trucks. love that body style, and love all the engines it came with.

however, after 3 or 4 deals falling through (all the sellers fault) I decided to stop looking at privately owned, and started looking for dealer owned. was now looking at rangers for the most part, due to price. decided i wanted something newer, and could spend more. So for about 3 months I test drove a few, couldnt make a deal happen etc. until one day i saw in the autotrader (we print the magazine where i work) my 2006 FX4 level II.

the level II is super hard to find for sale. especially in white. Most ive seen are blue, or black. so white was very cool to find.

now, the dealer had no clue what he had as it was priced super low for the mileage. I picked phoned the guy, made an appointment to test drive it, and drove it home 2 days later after getting a check from the bank.

now, just an idea of the deal I got.

Since I got the truck last february (2012) I have out 30,000 Miles on the truck. If I was to sell it right now with the mileage it has, in the condition its in, I could make money off of it. So it was a no brainer when i went to buy it. I knew i was driving it home.

so that's why i bought the ranger I did.

as to why a ranger, I like the small size. Fits way more places on and off road. Reliable as anything ive driven, tough as balls and can handle my abuse. and doesnt look half bad either.
    and CHEAP. way cheaper to buy and insure than an F150

5. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

i was going into my junior year of high school and i needed a car to get me to a job. i planned on getting a job and saving up for a car the whole summer but that didnt end up working out since i couldnt find a job. once the school year got here it became necessary for me to have a car. my parents said they would buy me a civic or a small truck. i started talking to my friends and they recommended a ranger to me. my parents wanted me to get a foreign truck but i told them if im getting a truck it has to be american. i looked at an old dodge that i found in a parking lot but it was beat to hell. then i looked at a s10 that was in ok condition but the engine didnt run right. then i found my truck. it had been up on craigslist for a month and was priced low. it only had 38k on it so we went to look at it. after a few days the truck was in my driveway.
    honestly though if i knew what i know today about cars i wouldnt have bought my truck. i would have looked at the under body and not bought it. thats why im going over my future jeep with a fine tooth comb.

6. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Help me out Demon, what does the BOLD and underlined text mean ?

Back to why the Ranger ?
    Was looking for a vehicle for transportation, the last one in the Want Ad was my first around 1991, an '88 STX, 4x, short bed, 5sp.
    Two years later swapped in a 93 5.0 from a wrecked Stang (right place at the right time) and drove it for another 10 years.

I was sold, three since the ’88 and the ’03 is by far the best of the lot.