to trade or not to trade...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by hazard-maine, Feb 24, 2012.

1. OP
    hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

10,000, alot of it is light offroading

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

with the way fuel prices are heading i'd keep the desiel rabbit. they really don't have any guts whatsoever (my dad had an '80s VW quantom with the 2.0 desiel and it was a turd), but you can't argue with 40+ MPG, and the ability to run it on used cooking oil if you choose.

4. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

10,000 miles in 36 years means he never drove it very far. Idk man... Id keep the truck but its totally up to you. Im not tryin to step on your toes, just tellin ya what I think

5. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Keeeeeeeep Itttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!

6. OP
    hazard-maine

well that is true but its the most useless car besides the mpg, it has no power or speed, can barely fit 2 people without problems, the bed cant hold alot a weight, and with winter temps in maine it doesnt like doing anything with temps below 35

7. El Camino Man

Put an engine warmer on it. And besides, that VW is gonan be just as cramped. And haul even less lol

8. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

who say's those rabbit pickup's can't haul alot?? a couple of guy's i know hauled probibly 1,200 lbs of car part's they bought at an auction from maryland all the way to lancaster PA in his clone to youre truck. it just took a verrrry long time, lol.

9. El Camino Man

Heck our Rangers arent made to haul much and I KNOW some of you guys have WAY exceeded their capabilities lol

10. OP
    hazard-maine

oh but i already blew the shocks in the back and unforentenly it doesnt have leafs, i didnt it hauling a 1000cc snowmoblie

11. keep it gas is going up yet again, it would be a good knock around vehicle

12. OP
    hazard-maine

gas is staying around $3.30 to $3.50 in my area, and diesel for the rabbit is up to $4.37 and hasnt changed in awhile

13. 3.69 here reg unlead, 4.25 for the green stuff lol

14. OP
    hazard-maine

hahaha sucks for you guys..... i love the low prices here, and the only reason diesel is high here because almost everyone has a diesel something so why not rise prices

15. El Camino Man

Yea but its $4.37 for 45 mpg compared to $3.50 for 25 mpg

16. OP
    hazard-maine

the rabbit is getting 63mpg and the ranger is getting 15mpg because its loaded most of the time for work

17. El Camino Man

O wow lol. Thats awesome!

18. OP
    hazard-maine

yeah i slightly modded it to increase mileage

19. El Camino Man

Howd ya do that. Now im interested lol

20. OP
    hazard-maine

well the exhaust on those are soo resticted and 1" so i got 2.5" headers, cut open the muffler and removed alot of it, put 2.5" pipes on it, and finished the end with 2.5", i also got a slightly bigger intake and swapped it to real cold air, i lowered it 1.5", shorty shift kit

21. El Camino Man

Wow nicely done. Im impressed lol. If you ever wanna sell that thing, hit me up lol.