to trade or not to trade...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by hazard-maine, Feb 24, 2012.

1. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

so some may know i have an old vw rabbit truck, that i restored, but im just not enjoying the nut-lessness of 56 horse power the 1.6l deisel puts out, and someone is offering to trade me a fully restored and slight modded vw baja bug, i love baja bugs, but i also love the 62mpg the rabbit truck gets but it isnt that fun to drive, which should i do? and neither of these will be a daily driver

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I never saw the one you restored

4. OP
    hazard-maine

[​IMG] this and havent gotten it painted yet

5. pooleo

pooleo New Member

put a turbo on it.

6. OP
    hazard-maine

id have to drop the 2.0l diesel to get a turbo in the rabbit

7. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

trade it

8. OP
    hazard-maine

baja has 3.5" lift on rear with 33s and 1.5" on front with 31s and 2500cc motor and speed shift

9. Freemans 00

yeah do it. I wouldnt even think twice about it

10. OP
    hazard-maine

haha i thinking about it,

11. Freemans 00

12. OP
    hazard-maine

dont think?

13. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

DO NOT do it! Me and my gpa are VW fenatics! If thats REALLY got a 2500cc motor, youll never be able to keep it cool! Theyre air cooled (of course) and youll never get enough air flowing over the engine to keep the pistons cool which WILL lead to a thrown rod/turned bearing in the near future. And besides, those trucks are highly sought after right now, especially since theyres talk of gas hitting $5 by the end of the year

14. ob269

ob269 New Member

^^ JP proves a good point w the gas thing..
    The little trick looks alright I guess, but the baja bugs bad ass.. tough decision my friend, tough decision..

15. El Camino Man

I do like Baja bugs but if I had to choose between a rusted up but well running truck or a restored Baja, Id take... the Baja. Then sell it and buy a nicer Rabbit truck lol

16. OP
    hazard-maine

very tough, the truck is great on gas but its nutless, and the baja is tons of fun and since its maine it doesnt get to hot in the summer

17. El Camino Man

Yea but that Baja will burn up eventually. Its a ticking bomb

18. OP
    hazard-maine

the 2500cc is cheap to rebuild or buy

19. El Camino Man

But why put the money into it? Would you buy a new car that needs rebuilt at least every 2000 miles?

20. OP
    hazard-maine

i know the guy who owns the bug, he owned it for 36 years and restored it when he first got it and the motor is running strong just every few years he gets it checked out and its fine

21. El Camino Man

How many miles are on the rebuild