headlight bulb recommendations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mcdonald58, Dec 4, 2012.

1. 06FordFX4

06FordFX4 Canadian Redneck

Googled.

55 low
    65 high.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

Nice let me know how they are.

4. 06FordFX4

Will do.

I'll probably get them in tonight. All depends if I can find a socket small enough to aim my lights.

Not putting the brighter bulbs in till I aim them properly haha b

5. 06FordFX4

Edit:

Damn phone double posted it lol.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  6. 06FordFX4

Ok, so lights are re aimed. Pain in the butt cause on of the adjusters snapped off. Had to use vice grips to turn the thing and it took forever lol.

Anyways, it's kinda chilly out and I was hungry so that's all I did tonight. Will install bulbs tomorrow I the day light.

Anyone got any suggestions on how to change em? Can't even get my fingers on em to twist and pull the old ones out.

Pics.

Before aiming.
    Lows
    [​IMG]

After aiming
    Lows
    [​IMG]

Before aiming
    Highs
    [​IMG]

After aiming
    Highs
    [​IMG]

So that's the difference it makes when they're aimed properly.

They were off quite a bit for me. As I had cranked my torsion bars, and also have a crap ton of weight in the bed for winter. So they were aimed pretty high before.

And it's just iPhone pics, so they don't show the true difference since I can't change settings like on a real camera, but gives you an idea.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  7. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

nice i can see the difference. maybe ill try that and polishing my lens before i spend the money on new bulbs. but i replaced my brake light with a long life one and its working great.

8. 06FordFX4

Oh, and yeah my lenses are still pretty damn dirty. I'll wash them to before I switch bulbs.

At least now I won't be blinding people with my low beams lmao.

9. 06FordFX4

Bulbs are in! Just gotta wait for dark now.

Once it's dark, I'll clean the lens, and go to the same spot as the previous picture and see the difference.

But they are much whiter than the old bulbs. I can tell that even in daylight.

10. 06FordFX4

Wow.
    Much whiter light. Seem to reach father and wider as well. So far I'm happy with these.

Lows Before

[​IMG]

Lows after

[​IMG]

Highs before

[​IMG]

Highs after

[​IMG]

different road though, and same ****ty phone. may not show the real difference.

**EDIT**

i have edited the photos in photoshop as close as possible to what i saw with my eyes.

this will give a better idea of the change.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  11. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

thanks for the pics 6.2. i wetsanded my headlights and it made a big difference i got alot of oxidation off. im going to get silverstar ultra on thursday to replace my current ones. i have been taking trips u pto otis ski mountain where there is a stretch of about 15 miles of no street lights and its very dangerous for to be driving with my bad headlights.

12. 06FordFX4

yeah its a great upgrade. i drive 50 miles on the highway at night for my commute to work, 1 way. so its been nice to be able to see things better lol.

one thing ive noticed is it lets you see the sides of teh roads and into the ditches far better than stock.

13. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

i got these in a week ago and forgot to update this thread. these bulbs work great. so much better than stock. i also notice an improvement on my side view as well as my front view of the road.