DJ's 1968 Ford Thunderbird Project Log

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by djfllmn, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

2. OP
    djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

didnt do much to the car until today...painted the air cleaner housing and put the new decal on...looks awesome!

[​IMG]

3. OP
    djfllmn

just a little update...tuned the car up a few weeks ago and set the timing where it needs to be...runs so much better...and scored this at a yard sale yesterday
    [​IMG]

4. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

nice plate

5. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

id clear coat that plate to help keep it looking clean and new, and it will keep the sticker on better

6. OP
    djfllmn

nah im gonna keep it as is...its in good shape

7. OP
    djfllmn

got a very important package in the mail today...the correct wheel covers...bought them on fleabay and overall they are in great shape...all i need now are tires and steel wheels

[​IMG]

8. OP
    djfllmn

update time...cleaned the carb up yesterday...it was all gunked up and the secondarys werent working
    [​IMG]

9. OP
    djfllmn

update time....got the brakes finished up this weekend(new hard line, rotors and hoses) and got some of the underside under coated

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. OP
    djfllmn

well i had to replace the carb...the old one took a **** on me

got the carb on this weekend...holy hell it is like a brand new car...cant do any more than 1/2 throttle from a dead stop or the rear tires smoke instantly lol....car starts a lot easier and doesnt load up and stall out and puke fuel
    [​IMG]

11. OP
    djfllmn

update time...this weekend was a big one...fixed the battery tray area

Before

[​IMG]

metal cut out

[​IMG]

patching begun

[​IMG]

patching done

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

painted

[​IMG]

battery tray installed

[​IMG]

and battery installed

[​IMG]

12. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Nice work!

13. OP
    djfllmn

yea it turned out real nice

14. OP
    djfllmn

got the factory correct wheels, wheel covers, and tire size on today...next on the list is ditch the exhaust tips
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. OP
    djfllmn

update time...put new shocks on all the way around, new end links and sway bar bushings
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

also painted a few things under the hood

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Diablo

Diablo New Member

those poly bushings should last a lifetime, looks good. Only thing is, your taking all the ocean movement away from the boat now ;)

17. OP
    djfllmn

lol...it was so floaty it was unbelievable...those old shocks where junk lol

18. OP
    djfllmn

put the new trunk interior in tonight...what a pain in the ass...doesnt fit worth **** either and its not the right design...but its the only one i could get...oh well

[​IMG]

19. OP
    djfllmn

well tonight i got the trunk mats fitting better...all it took was a little glue and finesse

[​IMG]

20. OP
    djfllmn

today i did the cheapest but yet the most visually appealing improvement...i got rid of those gaudy ass tips that the PO had put on...now it looks like it did in 1968

[​IMG]

[​IMG]