brakes went out ( not fun at 70 mph )

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by Captured Time, Nov 20, 2011.

1. PB Blaster, WD-40, Liquid Wrench...etc... Use any of that to loosen it?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

wel i did that and hit it with my good ol torch.. i soked it and was going to let set over night. took the truck to big-o and they wanted 748 or some bs to dang near put a new ass end on the dang thing. went out and priced every thing and if i do it at home i will be around 50.00 bucks

4. You're better off doing it yourself. I wish I could come out and help you bro, but you're too far away xD

5. OP
    Captured Time

my brother in law works for USAir ways just drive to philly look for the big dork at the front desk and tell him you need to get to louisville ASAP lol

6. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

damn your around evansville? if i'd known that would have had you come meet in fort mitchell ky damn we could hav had some fun in the begining of july.....

7. Lmao. Won't be anywhere near Philly for a while. Haha. Sorry bro

8. OP
    Captured Time

dont blame you.. it aint the city of brotherly love in my book lol

9. Haha. I tend to stay away from those areas... Anyways, off topic. I should have posted up a how-to for brakes. I'm sure there is something if you search it.

10. OP
    Captured Time

i think if i cant get the nut off i may take out the line and put mew ones in but i wont know that till wed.. hhmmm wonder if ford will have a blace friday sale. any way im thinkong that i may be able to " redneck " a fitting if i need to cut the line as well

11. OP
    Captured Time

well bad news atleast for my bank account. the brake lines are so bad that im off to the stealership to get new lines

12. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Why? Auto part stores are TONS cheaper bro

13. OP
    Captured Time

well i get ford discounts at the dealership in town with work so some times they are cheaper

14. OP
    Captured Time

well this is some BS.. made some calls today to fine me some drum brakes for my back end and the girl at aoutzone sat there and asked me " how bad to i realy need them " this pissed me off and i told her uummmmm not that much i only like to stop about 45% of the time then i hung up on her.. this is getting to be more of a pain than it was to be but it beats paying 750. to bigo tire's to fix em

15. OP
    Captured Time

got all the parts and now time to bind the line's by hand eeeerrrrr

16. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

dont kink em

17. OP
    Captured Time

trust me im not!! i had a guy tell me that as long as there is no kinks and the line is not under the axle that im good. so i dont need to bind them the way ford had them

18. OP
    Captured Time

any one got any tips bout putting on the holding springs on the front bottom of the shoe?

19. OP
    Captured Time

and now im so pissed!!!!!!!! got every thing done new lines,springs,cylenders,shoes every thing. pirged the lines out and good to go right??? wrong!!!!!!! i got 10" shoes and cylenders after i took a tape to every thing and had it right so i thought. i need to get 9" every thing.. so now its time to get every thing off cleand up and off to the store tomorow and get it swaped out

20. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

Dude that really sucks.

21. OP
    Captured Time

not any more i was talking to
    Brinker88
    and he told what i needed to do and now its done!!!!!

thanx again man for your help

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011