ATV Shopping

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Redneck_ranger, May 28, 2012.

  1. OP

    Redneck_ranger Banned

    Yeah, I'm thinking that I'm gonna go Honda. No doubt.
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

    Join Today - It's Totally Free!

    Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

    Join Today! JOIN FOR FREE

  3. hazard-maine

    hazard-maine northern ranger driver

    get a foremen, they are amazing
  4. even a used honda atv is better than a new kawasaki quad.
  5. OP

    Redneck_ranger Banned

    And cheaper lol I'm thinking about going after that yellow Rancher I have posted somewhere.
  6. djfllmn

    djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

    and pete in PA ATV's have to be registered and insured
  7. good point DJ, make sure you get a title otherwise jumping through the hoops to get one sucks , I did it twice I learned a lot on the first one so the second one was not bad., not sure about the insurance unless you use it on the street, well at least here anyway
  8. djfllmn

    djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

    you have to have insurance/registration to use it on the state trails and roads during a state of emergency
  9. what if it is not a state of emergency and you are just trail riding, or cant you just do that in PA?
  10. OP

    Redneck_ranger Banned

    I'm using it on private land. No need for registration. And I don't care if it's insured. What the hell do I care if some plastic breaks? None of my friends have it insured or even registered. I'll be hauling it in the bed of the truck. And for a state of emergency? I use the pickup.
  11. hazard-maine

    hazard-maine northern ranger driver

    all we gotta do here is if your riding on trials all you gotta do is register it which is like $35 a year to do
  12. djfllmn

    djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

    no petes it not for the ATV its liabilty for other peoples stuff in case you hit something...just get it its not expensive
  13. OP

    Redneck_ranger Banned

    I have no worries. I'll probably register it, but I'm not insuring it... Don't need to because if I have a wreck, my health insurance would cover me if I needed medical attention. I won't be riding at parks or anything... Just the local (ILLEGAL) quad trails that are around... Nobody around me has theirs insured, and I don't even think it's registered.
  14. Brinker88

    Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

    You dont seem to understand so I'll try breaking through your thick skull here for a moment

    *grabs 20 lb sledge*

    If you or someone riding your ATV hits and injures someone else or someone elses property, I dont think you would be able to fork out the possible THOUSANDS of dollars to pay to get it/them fixed. I sure as HELL wouldnt want that on my conscience. Oh, and you'd most DEFINITELY would have to drop out of college, sell your truck, and get a job to pay for these damages. Good luck ever getting out of your parents house too, as you wouldnt be able to afford living somewhere else. ALSO, you'd most likely be sued for damages on TOP of what you owe (that the insurance company could have paid) making it even MORE difficult to pay for your stupidity.

    So do me, no, do ALL of us here a favor and just get the damned insurance (its less than $20/month).

    Oh, and as for financing, good luck with that on top of the school loans. If they do finance you (which is gonna be a fat chance in hell) it will be above 15%, making it difficult to keep up with it. Which brings me to a question I have. How do you expect to pay the monthly loan payments when you have to save up and/or borrow money from your parents to put a down payment on this on TOP of fixing your truck up?
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
  15. 01rangerXLT

    01rangerXLT New Member

    my buddy bought an artic cat 366cc 4x4 atv a couple years back, and it was like 5500 new, its a little cheaper then the kawasaki ands just as good
  16. Freemans 00

    Freemans 00 Active Member

    How can you while ridig a quad smack into someone's house or fence without realizing I have breaks I'll use them instead of smacking the house? No need to get it registered or insured if you keep it in a building instead of out in the middle of your yard you'll be fine. Now don't buy a Kawasaki unless you want problems Hondas are the way to go. Don't register it it's like people saying hey do you want to donate a dollar to kids in quebec to go to school, it's a scam in the long run. Just remember no donuts in anyways yard but your own and that you have 2 hand breaks a foot break and a kill switch.
  17. OP

    Redneck_ranger Banned

    Brad, I'm going to be riding in the middle of the woods... Or on wide open jeep trails with nothing around. 12th post, follow that link. That is the quad I'm gunning for, or at least one like it.
  18. OP

    Redneck_ranger Banned

    Thank you Mike... Mr. Goody Twoshoes up there (DJ) obviously hasn't seen my area...
  19. OP

    Redneck_ranger Banned

    Oh, and Brad.... You'd need a 50lb sledge to break through my skull. :p

Share This Page