Your thoughts on BFG A/T's

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Hooligan, Oct 26, 2011.

1. DangerRanger91

DangerRanger91 FinGer The Crimson Ginger

I <3 my km2s!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. TomN

TomN RANGER!!!

Goodyear Tracker 2's. Only paid $169 for all 4 but they aren't very good. I don't trust them with the snow.

4. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

yes those suck bro lol

5. TomN

TomN RANGER!!!

mhmm hate em

6. racsan

racsan exceding the limits....

well, its not a bfg a/t but a close clone. mfg by cooper tire (from what ive found out by online research anyways) its the dakota futura marketed by pepboys. i run thse exculsivly as a winter tire, though i also had a set i ran year round on a 3/4 ton. the tread pattern is very similar to the bfg a/t. the last set i bought (which now needs replacing) was about 5 years ago, at that time these tires were only about 55 bucks a peice, they now are around 100 per tire,(235-75-15) ouch! inflation bites. the only thing bad i have to say about them applies to pretty much any tire, as they age, the rubber seems to harden, which means less grip. mine wil spin like crazy on certian spots of wet pavement, even though the tread is still plenty good. ive had them is mud before and they self-cleaned pretty good to a degree. every so often pep boys will run a "buy 3 get 1 free" (rebate) promo. heres a coupleof pictures of them:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]