Work in progress

Discussion in 'Ranger Media' started by Redneck_ranger, Apr 5, 2012.

1. sell it, get the heavy chevy lol

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Maybe some day...

4. cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

Ain't a damn thing wrong with playin in the mud!

5. no there is not....Unless you let that crap stay on the truck and get mud and water in the diffs , cases, brakes, cv joints , rust ...etc... I think you see where I am going with this. lol

playin requires a lot more maintenance than if you do not play in the mud

6. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Yes it does... Haha

7. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

What craig is trying to say is it pays to play

8. gotta pay if ya wanna play

9. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Alright, so can we please get this back on topic?

10. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Lol who woulda guessed we woulda trailed off topic. I think they look good. But did ya haveta go through the roof? You couldnt have fabbed up a headache rack lol

11. what was the topic?

12. oh, the cab lights... so did you finish them? sealed and ready for a downpour?

13. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I'm working on installing the 5th one now, then gonna wire em in tomorrow. Then sealing them up. What would you reccomend for good sealants? I'm gonna need something that can withstand a pressure washer and intense sunlight all day long.

14. marine goop is good might be called plumbing goop on the east coast but out here we have a marine grade goop sealant works on fish tanks even

15. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

pete, if you can try to get you're hands on some butyl tape. take the bases back off, stick some to the bottems and screw them back on. it's the same stuff used to install windsheilds, i used some leftover when i installed the spoiler on my monte carlo, never had a drop of water in there and it's been over 2 years.

16. twowheelin6

twowheelin6 New Member

the lights will look good on your truck man. i love mine. im not brave enough to do it my self lol.

17. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

They're halfassed on now but I finally got the fifth one on and managed to screw up the wiring on my off road lights while I was at it. Gonna rip that apart tomorrow. Haha. And I'll have a pic up of all of the lights on tomorrow too. Gotta wire em in yet though.

18. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

They use urethane around here to put on windshields lol. I DO NOT recommend using it

I used some good silicone on mine and havent had a problem yet

19. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

My dad went to Lowe's and I told him to get the heaviest duty sealant they have.

20. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Lol he'll come back with Liquid Nails, Gorrilla glue, or Great stuff expanding foam :D

Either way, the cab lights are gonna look good. Get some LEDs for them from Buggman tho!

21. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

My dad got some good silicone to use. Dries in 3 hours and is completely waterproof and doesn't shrink. I'm planning on the Buggz LEDs over the summer when I have a little extra cash to sling around. As for the lights, I got em done and they look soooooo badass!

[​IMG]