White Lightnin' :: 2003 Ford Explorer

Discussion in 'Member Garages' started by buggman, Oct 6, 2012.

1. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

White Lightnin' :: 2003 Ford ?? (2012-10-06 01:12:01)

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

woah woah whats this??

4. Pbav8tor

Pbav8tor Old Fart

Sweet! When is this happening?

5. scott5640

scott5640 EdgeRunner

exploder!!!!!

6. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

either exploder or sport trac.... and no fair with the top secret bs.... hahahahahaha

7. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

2003 ford explorer sport

8. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

svt lightning!

9. OP
    buggman

I guess that's enough suspense for now :rolleyes:

Finally found a really nice, low mileage 03 Explorer XLT.

I haven't had time to get into any modding yet, but I'm gonna convert everything I can to LED's and add a few goodies inside as I'm able to.
    This thing has more freakin' dome lights than I can shake a stick at! Only got the one in the hatch area changed, but once I dig up the info on how the rest of the truck comes apart, I'm gonna be doing more stuff when I'm able.

Need to find a couple extra parts to test mods on like the 3rdBL & new style radio bezel for starters, but it doesn't need a lot of stuff.
    Some touch-up paint & an extra good cleaning inside & out.

Few things on the want list:
    K&N air filter
    Double Din DVD head unit & backup camera
    Vent Visors
    Tint for the front windows (not too dark though)
    New door speakers & amp
    Amp for a 2x 12" Rockford Fosgate sub box I've had for a while.

Inside looks more like a 2 year old vehicle, not a 9 year old one. Only issues I've seen are the front door panels are kinda faded right at the top... maybe somebody used a very nasty window cleaner for a long time or something?? I'm going to see if I can find some vinyl & fabric paint that's a close color match & give 'em a few coats when time allows.

The radio bezel had a piece of the carbon fiber covering that's peeled off right on the top... looks like somebody had a stick on air freshener & ripped it off :(

It's got the 3rd row seats which I'm not in love with, but they fold down flat to open up more cargo room.
    Didn't have the roll up cargo cover probably due to the 3rd row seats, but I found a cover at a local thrift store that I'm modding to fit the Expo now.

Mileage is pretty low for a vehicle this old, only 70,000. Average seems to be about 12k - 15k a year that would run in the 108k to 135k range.
    It's a one owner originally bought from the local Ford dealership & traded in there right before the dealer I got it from picked it up from them.

The seats are a dark charcoal gray that hides dust & dirt pretty well. Driver's seat is power, forgot to look at the pass seat (I won't be spending much room over there anyway).

It still has the stock am/fm/cd/cassette radio & I'm guessing the OEM speakers. Sounds pretty nice for a stock stereo, but it needs more high & low end so whenever I have the money, the entertainment system will get an upgrade.

Never noticed it before, but it's got rear air in the roof for both the back seats & 3rd row seats.

Tires look almost brand new, wheels are aluminum & look pretty nice too. One of these days I might even take them off, sand & polish them like I did the wheels on my truck.

Noticed last night that it has the puddle lights under the side mirrors, another good place for some buggman led's :thumbup:

It runs VERY quiet, I had to roll down the windows to make sure the motor was running :thumbup1:
    Motor is the 4.0L v6 FlexFuel, would be nice to try the E85 but I don't know of any gas stations around here that sell it. :huh:

10. edgeman4.0

edgeman4.0 2nd amendment activist

Pictures speak louder than the book you just typed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using tapatalk 2

11. OP
    buggman

lol

I haven't even had time to take any pics of my own yet.

12. timbits588

timbits588 New Member

very cool. congrats!

13. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

awesome rig, cant wait to see more pics

14. OP
    buggman

Did some touch up painting & gave it a bath today.

Did the first real mod too... can you tell???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

Nice Explorer dude :) I like that bodystyle

16. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

REAL nice looking truck dude! Best of luck with it

17. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

How many mods can this Radio Bezel handle ?

I like the pattern on it, maybe some toggle switches in place of the oval ones ?

[​IMG]

18. OP
    buggman

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with it right now, there's a little damage right at the center of the top where the carbon fiber is torn, looks like somebody had a sticky air freshener on there... so I'm gonna have to strip it all off & paint it once I have a spare bezel to work with.

I'm sure I'll mod those blank panels on the upper right to hold some switches for led's or the dvd bypass switch (once I get a dvd player).

Gotta find somewhere to install a new voltmeter too :yes:

19. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

It is good to have a vehicle that is stock and you just drive it.

Looks good.