where to find an airbrush

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by klinger86, Oct 24, 2011.

1. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

well went and got the paint today.... gotta get the clear for it and then see if my dad can still shoot paint... if not i wanna do it my self but i'm afraid i'll eff it up.....

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. buy some cheap crapo paint and practice on some scrap metal or plywood

4. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

well cant actually buy the cheap crap paint unless i can find it in metallic.... would love to do this my self....

5. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

well talked to my dad and he cant do it but he reminded me of a family friend that used to have his own paint and body shop.... said he may do it for what the clear and reducer costs and may even help teach me how to paint with auto paint.... gotta try to run and talk to him in the next couple of days.... probably gonna try to run thursday or friday....

6. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

That sounds like a plan

7. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

exactly so i should have it sprayed by me or him before i get ready to put it on....

8. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

TSC has good kits for the price

9. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

In my garage...

I think I've got a couple HF air paint guns that have only had water sprayed through them. I had the bright idea that I was gonna paint my truck once upon a time... needless to say it didn't happen & I still have the spray guns.

10. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

well went to harbor freight today and picked up some things....... got this airbrush
    http://www.harborfreight.com/deluxe-airbrush-kit-95810.html and this to hook it to my air compressor http://www.harborfreight.com/10-ft-braided-nylon-airbrush-hose-95813.html and been playing with it for about an hour with some watered down craft paint to just try it out and not waist my good paint.... well picked it all up for 25 and some change and dayum gonna play with it some more this weekend before i try to paint my headlights when i get them back..... and gotta run back monday to talk to the family friend about spraying the grille shell.....

11. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

well talked to my friend that my dad reminded me of and he said he would paint it for me if i get the paint for 20 bucks to cover the clear and reducer.... he said he wouldnt charge me anything for spraying it.....

12. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

damn thats a sweet deal

13. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

well dropped the shell off to the guy to paint it for me.... he said he couldnt get to it today he had just finished spraying a car when i got there... so he is going to try and spray it tomorrow and then i should be able to pick it up thursday or friday after noon....