What's the best find/deal you got from a junk yard?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Redneck_ranger, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Alright, title says it all. Whatcha got? Big or small, could be a thing you needed the most, or an extremely rare part. One, two, or ten. Let's hear em! And feel free to post pics! Craigslist finds count too!

For me, I found new seats for $28.39 and a tailgate for $37.65 within a few weeks of each other. I had been looking for replacements since I bought the truck.
    Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Seats Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Well on Craigs list I got 2 power everything doors with mirrors and 2 4x4 front fenders and a sliding rear window for a grand total of $60.

4. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Damn, that's a great deal!

5. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Hell yea, most JYs want around $20 for just a power mirror. I only bought the **** bc I needed a window motor and didnt wanna pay $150 for one lol

6. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

i got, stang dome, gauge cluster, and visor from a junk yard for a total of $25. and on cl i got a cap and ladder rack for a total of $125

7. Dcrymes99ranger

Dcrymes99ranger Riding low and broke!!!

The best mod I found at a Junk Yard was my Explorer sport cluster!!! With matching hvac panel.

8. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

i think one of my best finds overall was the 425CI "nailhead" v8 engine i found for my buick project. it's the largest engine produced in the nailhead family, and was only offered for 2 years. scored it, along with the nailhead specific bolt pattern TH400 3 speed auto trans (also VERY hard to find), and all the accessories. got 'em for $100 :thumbup:

i actually had to chase down the car they were in, it had been part of a private "collection" of over 200 cars, the owner died and the state came in to clean up the site. the car was there one day, gone the next, lol. it turned up at a junkyard that i've been going to scince i was 3, and i cought the guy right as he had the car over the crusher!

couple pics of the engine, and a "before & after" of the car :eek:

9. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

^^^ Impressive lol. My best deal would either be a OHC for a whoppin $2 or my M90 supercharger with all the plumbing for $66 lol

10. kozal01

kozal01 New Member

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  11. Superlifted06FX4

Superlifted06FX4 Last of the V8s

351C for $266 after tax.

12. pooleo

pooleo New Member

pocket full of various fuses.....priceless!

13. hazard-maine

this is true

14. pooleo

pooleo New Member

fuses are hella expensive :eek:

15. hazard-maine

i know, you can get like $70 worth of fuses at a junk yard

16. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I have about 40 of each voltage sitting in my cupholder. Hahahaa

17. hazard-maine

I have a large mcdonalds bag full to top of them stuffed into my tool box

18. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

You can never have too many haha

19. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

the best deal i have gotten at a jy was my bucket exchange vinyl flooring and center console for about 70 bucks i think....

20. AGreager18

AGreager18 Member

I would say my fav jy part would be wiper motor for my xj. I go so sick of hanging my body out of it to see every time I hit a small puddle or it snowed. It was broke for a year so it felt so go to just flip a switch and be able to see. Here is what I'm talking about

21. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

My list could become excessive... I don't have just one favorite. lol. So here's a small sample.
    • '02 Fx4 manual case w/ linkage and super super rare expensive tailhousing...$30
    • '03 Fx4 buckets in primo shape...$60(local eBay winning bid)
    • '02-03 Fx4 twin stick floor-up components(FOUR total sets)...never paid more than $60. Sold JUST the trans shifter arms for much much profit. WINNING.
    • '02-05 Fx4 tow hooks...six sets...never paid more than $40 per pair
    • '05 LII axle w/ 40k...$150
    • '03+ black cloth rear jumpseats...$30
    • '03 Edge vinyl floor from a 10k truck...$20
    • '03 XLT 4x4 silver cluster...free thanks from great friends clear across the country.
    • Five 2wd, 2 cig, 1 fog bezels...never more than $20 ea. One free actually. lol.
    • 03-current Black shorty consoles...a few of them...never more than $40
    • CL find...bought a front fender just for the flare since I lost mine...$20.
    • And probably one of my favorite finds.....2006 4.0 w/ 1,000 miles. So new even the water pump pulley was still all black. $1000.
      [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012