Wanting to lift my '07.

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by ZacktheBlackRanger, Nov 13, 2014.

1. ZacktheBlackRanger

ZacktheBlackRanger New Member

In preparing for winter, I recently had a set of 265/75/R16 A/T's put on my 2007 4X4. While the tires fit just fine, I feel like the body needs to be just a few inches higher. Just for aesthetic purposes.

I also just removed the running boards that came with it because they were rusted, and now I'm sure I want it lifted. It will definitely look pretty sweet if I do say so myself.

Anywho, I've decided a 2 or 3 inch body lift is the way I wanna go, but I just had a couple questions for some others who have already added this modification. 1) About how much am I looking to pay for the kit? 2) How easy are they to install? I'm no mechanic by any means, but I can do the basics (i.e. change oil, breaks, plugs and wires). Typically, if it's simple enough to have a tutorial video, I can do it. Is this something I would be able to do on my own or would I have to pay a mechanic? I read online somewhere that body lifts were easy to install but I figured I would ask anyway.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. dukerange

dukerange New Member

Check out Performance Accessories for a complete body lift kit. Installation is fairly easy; just follow the instructions. Using air tools can make your job easier. It can take a whole day to complete but depends on your skills.