Walmarts fabric for interior.

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Dcrymes99ranger, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Dcrymes99ranger

Dcrymes99ranger Riding low and broke!!!

Well I'm going to Wally World tonight to get out of the house. I was just curious to know if anyone's used walmarts fabric material for headliner or any interior. I just don't see paying 20.00 a yard.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. I've used it for making different household things and it's held up real well. but that was just the generic fabrics.

4. OP
    Dcrymes99ranger

Alright, Thanks. I'll give it a world!!!!

5. lol I see what you did there! Haha. Good luck man.

6. find some old drapes on craigslist, a lot heaver fabric and way cheaper wash and cut and install

7. cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

Wow lol i actually just picked some up the other day and wrapped my a pillars ashtray and cluster surround....was at walmart an figured screw it might as well get it since i've been wanting to do it forever. Came out great! i used loctite spray adhesive to bind them.

8. DrIftKi7Vg

DrIftKi7Vg Sunny Soonkyu

I actually picked up there automotive fabric carpet material awhile back to convert from vinyl flooring to carpet. It actually looked pretty decent but got dirty real quick so I ended up putting back the vinyl. Here's a picture of it:

[​IMG]

9. drppdyllwrngr

drppdyllwrngr Member

i wouldn't advise it. most materials from wally world are going to be super thin. when you put glue on it (for the headliner) it's very likely to bleed right through. i wouldn't use it on the seats either as it won't have the durability to hold up long term.

interior fabrics aren't that expensive. you can do a headliner material (in suede) for $15 a yard. or you can get tweeds for $12 a yard. vinyls can be found anywhere from $12-15 a yard.

just my $0.02.

10. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

I got my Camo material from jo-anns fabrics for $18 a yard and that was expensive stuff! You can get it for as low as $4 a yard. And if your gonna use it for a high-traffic area (such as seats or floor) then Id definitly look into some thicker stuff

11. cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

I used the walmart fabric with loctite spray adhesive, it did bleed through but it is clear and unnoticable...ask pete i sent him a picture of my a pillars and they came out awesome!

12. OP
    Dcrymes99ranger

[​IMG]

This is exactly what I bought. They had some 3m stuff but Another guy I know who drives a ranger wrapped his headliner in mossy oak material. And his held up good. But his was a darker color than grey!!!