under tail gate brake light bar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 01rangerXLT, Jan 27, 2012.

1. 01rangerXLT

01rangerXLT New Member

does anybody with a stepside put a brake light bar under the tail gate i cant find one thats bigger than 15 inches but has to be smaller than 49 inches??

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. I know Clinton has a modded 49 inch one on his...maybe he will chime in on how he made his fit

4. OP
    01rangerXLT

01rangerXLT New Member

how can i get to clinton and ask him im new to this site

5. Achromious

Achromious New Member

I'm sure he'll post here soon but failing that you can go to his profile and leave a guest message or send a private one.

6. what Achromious said lol

7. Pbav8tor

Pbav8tor Old Fart

I have one too. I trimmed mine to fit. Clinton drilled the bed for it to slip into on the ends.

[​IMG]

8. OP
    01rangerXLT

01rangerXLT New Member

how did u trim it?

9. Pbav8tor

Pbav8tor Old Fart

The bar is in a tube. Opened the ends and cut off about inch on each end. Then did the same to the tube. Put it back together and siliconed the ends.

10. OP
    01rangerXLT

01rangerXLT New Member

did u have to connect wires to do that, or was it fine?

11. OP
    01rangerXLT

01rangerXLT New Member

12. Pbav8tor

Pbav8tor Old Fart

Not sure but you could do what Clinton did and drill a couple of holes for it to fit in to.

13. Your best bet would be to drill into the tailgate jamb. I believe in the HOW-TO section, he showed how he modded his, but I'm not entirely positive... Look up member Hooligan (AKA Clinton) and send him a message. He's be more than willing to explain it to you. Good luck man!

14. click on the hooligan picture , then click on send message and choose private or visitor