UK Newbie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mick T, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Mick T

Mick T New Member

Hi, new member here from Derbyshire, England.

I'm hoping to get a Ranger as my next car. Currently driving a Vauxhall Astra diesel estate (which probably won't mean much to anyone stateside), but as myself, my wife and baby son, along with enough stuff for a week away, fill the car and a large roof-box just about to bursting, I need something bigger once I can afford it.

I've always loved the look of pick-up trucks, and the Ranger looks like it'd fit the bill nicely. Also, my first car was a Ford so I've got a bit of a soft-spot there.

I'm looking to finding out as much as I can about '98-and-newer Rangers as I can; what to look out for, what goes wrong etc.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. IndyRangerARA

IndyRangerARA DadsFordGirl FRF

Welcome!
    They offer full cab four door Rangers in the UK, don't they? If you're looking for spacious, I'd definitely get the four door.
    Other than that, I honestly know very little about the Rangers offered outside of the US, but good luck with your search for one!

4. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

I know alittle about the UK ranger. And welcome

5. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

6. OP
    Mick T

Mick T New Member

Thanks for the welcomes.

Yeah, it's definitely the full cab 4-door I want - has to be diesel too, my current car's got me hooked on diesel for definite.

Rangers seem to be getting pretty popular over here so it shouldn't be too hard to find one. It'll take me a good while to get enough money saved up, so hopefully that should give me plenty of time to get to know what to look out for.

7. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

yea the UK ranger is completely different than the ranger over here...hell after this year they wont be making them over here anymore

welcome BTW

8. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Welcome

9. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

Welcome.

10. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

welcome to rfn

11. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!