Tuners with Manual Transmission

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by red_ranger_2013, Feb 11, 2012.

1. red_ranger_2013

red_ranger_2013 New Member

Does having a manual transmission effect how the tuner works because I know tuners sometimes change shift points.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I dont believe they do....Memeber Franchi Motorsports would be the one to ask. Shoot him a pm.

Welcome to Ranger forum

4. OP
    red_ranger_2013

Alrighty I'll do that.
    Thanks

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Dont forget an intro thread and make a signature!

6. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

If you have a manual transmission, YOU change the shift points...lol

A tuner will not effect you personally unless you are a robot secretly plotting against the earth

7. OP
    red_ranger_2013

damn you found out my secret plans. haha

thanks for the help.

8. Franchi Motorsports

Franchi Motorsports Ranger Forum Vendor

Sent ya a PM bud but basically, no won't affect shift points for a manual. Well, unless of course you are a robot secretly plotting against the earth. I had to chuckle at that....but I'm sorta a secret robot nerd too. :D

9. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

If the tuner/writer of the tune knew it was being loaded into a manual trans equipped vehicle, wouldn't those trans features/additions not be included in the tune?

I'm currently in process of getting tunes written for my truck via Rogue Performance with my manual trans equipped truck.

10. Franchi Motorsports

Franchi Motorsports Ranger Forum Vendor

That's why they ask for the PCM code off your vehicle, it breaks down each option you have on it including auto or manual.

11. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

10-4 there. I forgot all about having to tip-toe to look at that sticker ontop of the PCM! lol.

12. edgeman4.0

edgeman4.0 2nd amendment activist

How was this even a question, you cant change something you don't have...

A manual transmission is exactly that, a manual. A tuner wont change anything with it unless you botch the pcm code when relaying it to the guy writing your tune. Even then, its not likely that it'll dick anything up.

13. gcextreme

gcextreme GCEXTREME Vendor

Maybe he was meaning like if you tune your vehicle, it will redline or RPMS will be different, so YOU will have to shift at different speeds than normal.

Like if you are so use to shifting on the 10s, (shift at 20, at 30, at 40, etc.) that now with the engine running differently, you may have to shift at 25, 35, 45, etc...

I really dont know but maybe its plausible .