Torsion bar suspension

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Tyler Willis, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Tyler Willis

Tyler Willis New Member

I have a 2001 4.0 XLT super cab automatic and can't help but think that there has got to be a better suspension set up for my truck. Whether is be different keys or tightening the torsion bars. But honestly I don't like the way that it rides. I'm not gonna be hitting any jumps or anything serious with it maybe a little weekend mud. Any advice ?
    How much work would it be to put coilovers on it? Could I even possibly put coilshocks on it without having to change anything and see if that helps? All oppions are welcome! Thanks

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Efisher26

Efisher26 New Member

Better shocks are best bet, you can get different keys to raise or lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Novagunner

Novagunner New Member

im looking into it aswell... i would like coil overs for the front IFS