Tomorrows The Big Day!

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by El Camino Man, Feb 20, 2012.

1. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

the console power should come from the back of the stereo thats hot when the key is on.... IIRC

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. My console power I believe was an odd colored wire, not your typical red or orange wire. I forget exactly what it was though... It should be located right behind your radio though for sure. Not sure on another name

4. OP
    El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

I found a wire thats a lonely drifter. Its not connected to anything, and just says "not used" in my book. Its light green

5. OP
    El Camino Man

Is that power wire just a power wire? If it is then I can just tap into any random power wire and it should work right?

6. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

i believe so just make sure you tap into a hot when the key is on.... dont wanna drain the battery if you dont drive the truck for a few days....

7. OP
    El Camino Man

Awesome. I think I might be able to finish it finally!

8. WE Need PICS

9. I need your address so I can send the temp sensor to ya lol I accidentally deleted the message. Send it to me again when you get the chance mate

10. OP
    El Camino Man

I am still having trouble! I found all the wires I need in my Chiltons manual but went looking for em and... somethings wrong. According to the book, a pink/orange wire should be going to my VSS from my PCM. Well, there is no pink at all in those wires. The wires are numbered in the PCM also so I corss checked it. The pink/orange wire should be number 33. Looked for #33 and it is a gray/orange wire. WTF?! Checked a few others and they were hit and miss. Some were right, some wernt even close. How am I suppost to get this damn OHC done if none of the wires are right?!

11. OP
    El Camino Man

12. Try it, but get wire taps before you do.

13. OP
    El Camino Man

Lol will do. Do wire taps come off if its not right? Iv never used em