To the Rescue!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pbav8tor, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Pbav8tor

Pbav8tor Old Fart

So it's about summer and that means time to go to the Drive-In! Packed up the kids and we went to see Fast and Furious 6 / Hangover III. Loved F&F6 but not so much Hangover III. But before I tell you about the rescue I have another funny little story.

Go to gas up and the car at the front pump has a vanity plate, I NOT 1. I couldn't help myself so I asked him, You're not 1 what? He chuckles and says that it's his wife's car and to read the plate backwards, 1 TONI, her name. OK, so that's cute. So he's admiring the truck and says sure looks like a Ford, looks at the oval, Pepe` is that a Mexican Ford? No, Pepe` as in Le Pew, black with white stripes. He cracks up and admits he should have made the connection. I don't have a lot to smile about at the pumps but that was fun.

To the rescue. After the movies parked 3 spaces from me is a F350 monster of a truck, that thing is big! He goes to start it and gets the solenoid tap. After several tries I ask if he wants a jump. He says we could try but he doesn't have any cables, I do. He says he has 2 batteries and can't believe it won't start. I pull around next to him and pop the hood. He's amazed at how clean the engine bay is. His engine is filthy, both batteries have corroded post and one is even loose.[​IMG] It takes a several minutes before his battery has enough charge to start. After it started he thanked me and I gave him the regular maintenance is your friend speech and to clean up the batteries. I close up the truck and fly off into the night knowing that helped another poor sole.[​IMG]

BTW, before the movie started I had a couple of guys come over compliment me on the truck.[​IMG] I take pride in how my truck looks. Sorry for the long story but first time I've been out in a week. Suffering really bad with allergies right now.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Diablo

Diablo New Member

what a good samaritan! you just got more coin for the karma bank.

We also went to see Hangover III it was good but not nearly as good as the first. we did laugh but it could have been better. But that little chow was funny as chit. haha

4. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

Solid stories :)

5. fomoco

fomoco Moderator

cool story paul, he sounds like the kind of person that takes more pride on how his truck looks instead of maintaince... met a guy like that this last weekend at the bugrun, had this bad ass looking type 3 notchback on bags, dunped all his money into his setup, but failed to maintain his engine, he stopped as my swap spot to pick up a couple of parts, and when he left it looked like he was spraying for mosquitos, and left a decent size puddle of oil in front my my spot

6. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

This is why I'm proud to call you "dad".

LOL

7. OP
    Pbav8tor

Pbav8tor Old Fart

LOL oh you're funny!!