Thinking of a Career Change

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rango88, Sep 20, 2012.

1. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

Hey Guys,

Prob some of you know someone or you are someone who has worked at a Dealership. I was thinking of maybe becoming a car salesman and before you jump the gun, I have found that some dealerships here in Canada hve a fixed pay (say $40,000 a year plus comission) so I wouldnt be relying totally on on sales to start off.

I would like to know based your experience what it takes to be a car salesman, is it enjoyable, rewarding? Is it a good job (i dont want to hear negative people who just say that car salesmans have no souls). I want to be an honest salesman for the consumer and not push them into an overly expensive car. I dont believe in grind and for those who know me know that I am for the most part legitimate and honest :p. Do you think this is a job for me? I am curious to see how you get into the business.

In Canada, you must be registered, take a course and pass a test to be a salesman. Some dealerships will hire you and pay for your course if you dont have it. How should I apply, Should I just send them my resume or should I walk in and present myself and my resume in person? Who do I talk to?

I really am looking for a career change so any truths about this would help since this might be next career path.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

anyone i know who has worked in a dealership gets tired of it real quick, my dad worked for mack trucks for about 6 months and it got bad quick, lots of people come and go and the ones that stuck around sucked to work with, so he quit. right now my buddie works at the local peterbuilt dealership and although it's been better than what my dad delt with, he's still getting frusterated after a year and a half, and if it wasin't for there not being a better job around here i'm sure he would have quit.

4. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

i didnt mind the time i was at the yota dealer until the new owner took over...just have to think if you really want to sell cars...you would work extremely long hours, its a lot of work, it can be rewarding but it can also suck at the same time