Switching from T-bar to coil springs

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Branhedge10, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Branhedge10

Branhedge10 New Member

I have a 2005 Ext. Cab ranger edge, but it's a 2WD. I was wanting to look into trading out the T-BAR setup with coil springs in order to lower the truck a couple inches. Can't find anything on the web about coil spring conversion. All I can see is coilover conversions on lifted rangers. So what would I have to do in order to make this happen??? Would it take a full front end swap to do coil springs?? Are coilovers a better way to go?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. DeanMk

DeanMk Member

Is there no adjustment for the torsion bars?
    There usually is with those kinds of setups, but maybe Ford had a better idea this time.
    Anyway, check for that, if you haven't already.

4. Steelken

Steelken New Member

Can anyone tell me the pin positions on the 5 pin ignition post on a switch are for? None are marked, its a OEM Kymco ignition switch. No headlights, kill switch doesn't work, auto choke doesn't work, other than that, everything works and runs fine. Please help with any info that may help me.

Darren

5. DeanMk

DeanMk Member

Darren,

I think you meant to make that its own post, not a reply in a thread on a completely different subject.