strobes?

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by 1995-350, Dec 29, 2012.

1. 1995-350

1995-350 New Member

Allrighty i had my eye on some strobe at autozone that would look perfect up in my trucks headlights and side markers to stand out on the strip but what i needa know how hard would it be to put tham in and make it look like it was done right plus dose anyone know how much halo lights will cost my lower right bulb is blowed

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

No responces, funny.
    If you can get the headlights apart, it might be easier.
    On another thought... Can you build a boat in a bottle ?

There are guys on here and threads about taking the headlights apart might help ya.

There are halo light now with LED in them on E-Bay.

4. OP
    1995-350

1995-350 New Member

nah i cant really build a boat in a bottle never been good with wood work. ill have to look for that thread on here would be nice to figure it out. and ill look up on ebay i been wanting to put the led in it Thanks:)

5. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

If you could do a boat in a bottle then you might work form the bulb hole to mount up the LEDs.

How about mounting the LEDs under the headlight housing, there is a little room between the bumper and the headlight, may be enough to fit the strip of thenLEDs are side firing.

6. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

You are talking LED Strips, not bulbs ?

7. Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

Never done it, but the trick to open the headlights is stick them in the oven for a short time. I would buy a cheap extra set of headlights and mod those.
    If they are strips, then I would drill a hole to slide the strips in, then glue the hole up.

8. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

i havent seen them in third gens. i wonder how it will turn out.

9. OP
    1995-350

1995-350 New Member

sorry i ant been on guys been haveing a awesome new years exept for being pulled around by all the girls when skateing and tham wanting the new years kiss -_- ima do strips and bulbs both 2 in the gril and 2 in the markers might be easyer to do strips i should buy som spare headlight to play around with first before i mess with my halos? and yeah i ant ethier but i like my strobes:) well gotta go text theses girls so i gotta go lol

10. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Interesting approach !
    I might give that a try on a spare set I have, thanks for the idea.