spring work already stacking up.....

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by klinger86, Dec 15, 2011.

1. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

when spring comes this year i am going to pull my bed off to fix a hole in my drivers side wheel well... and possibly install a BL if i have the cash to purchase it.....

[​IMG]

going to sandblast the drivers and passenger side wheel wells and spray them with undercoating for now.. may spray them with bed liner instead of undercoating but havent really decided yet.... i'll try to remember to get pics and post them when it's finished..... DAMN ROAD SALT :furious::furious:...... lol

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

I would personally use Chassis saver and bedliner over that bro.

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Come to PA, I will help!

5. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

lol i would if i could.... my mechaninc is gonna let me use his shop and tools..... and i already have everything to do it with but thinking of switching from under coating to either something like por and bedliner.....

6. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

i would use POR 15 or some other rust nutralizer covered by bedliner, i've seen bad things happen with undercoating...

my uncle had a '75 buick lasabre convertable that he had restored, very pretty car, metalic orange with a white interior & top. the shop that did the car slathered the entire undercarrage & frame with undercoating, but the car was not totally dry when they applied it. in less than 3 years after having it restored, the floors and most of the frame in the car were rotted beyond repair, from the undercoating trapping the moisture and letting it eat the metal.

7. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

Bedliner, FTW :yes:

8. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

damn bro what do they do hit you with salt down there??

9. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

yeah they think just cuz the temp gets around 35 they start salting the sh!t outta the roads.....

10. Captured Time

see thats one thing i miss bout up north.. bout 4 years ago the county ran out of slat so they used sand and well the years after that they kept with the sand

11. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

the bad thing is they never run out down here it seems like..... but of course they also salt and then plow....... hell they dont even hit my street half of the time....

12. Captured Time

haha sounds right