some issues

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by greenmachine2000, Mar 17, 2012.

1. greenmachine2000

greenmachine2000 New Member

sometimes when crusing or accel up hill i hear a rattling under the truck soundds like its coming from up front somewhere...and second electrical power locks work sometimes sometimes they seem like there isnt enough power and they just move a tiny bit but dont lock, other times they do. its like the power is fading..idk someone help me.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Text me broski.

4. OP
    greenmachine2000

cant right now. ht me up in am, leavin this post up and illl check back in morning.

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

The door locks may be the actuator going or just a simple switch. The rattle could be anything from something loose like a hangar or transfer case doing something weird

6. 01B3000

01B3000 ORIGINAL Portable Seizure

Probably the actuator. On my moms mustang it would take like 3 or 4 clicks of the button for the door to unlock, and sometimes it would work perfectly. On the day we sold it the passenger side door stopped working all together. It sounds like the most reasonable answer, because a loss of power would mean either a short that would pop a fuze causing it to not work at all or a loss of power that would be noticeable through out the rest of the truck.

7. OP
    greenmachine2000

there is a losss of power throughout truck kinda, window switches are working odd, drivers works pasenger works down and sometimes going up sometimes not, drivers lock does not work with button just passenger..its odd. drivers side just jumps a little but will not unlock or lock with key for or lock switch. it never pops fuses is whats funny. and how easy to change acuators??

8. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

Try cleaning the contacts on the door switches first, easy & free. :thumbsup:

9. OP
    greenmachine2000

10. OP
    greenmachine2000

bump..come on guys

11. 01B3000

01B3000 ORIGINAL Portable Seizure

Did you try what buggman said? Also, try popping off the door panels and checking the actuator contacts too, make sure no linkage came loose either, it can, the firetruck in my company has had its door taken apart a few times because the linkage comes out when people slam the door

12. OP
    greenmachine2000

ill try that tomorrow.