So, I got to thinkin...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Redneck_ranger, May 11, 2012.

1. BBLoom

BBLoom BBLoom

Where there is a lot of work that goes into making the gas that we put in our trucks, the tech that is floating around out there could take us back to paying $2.00 for a gallon of gas and nobody would be hurting, worker, company, or customer. There are completely automated systems the still need people to run them but cuts your actual direct cost by somewhere around 68%. With less direct cost, that means that your incur a smaller indirect cost like your overhead and G&A. Having to pay less to keep your plants moving means that the oil companys can make even more money. The work force in the plants would stay the same, the jobs would just be different (a parallel shift, not a perpendicular shift). Furthermore, there are electric and biodiesle semis that have better fuel economy than some of the rangers on this forum. Once all is said and done, the Fed's monopoly and tax laws will kick in so as to overal, drop the price per gallon. The tech is out there, and I have seen it and helped develope structural parts of the system, it's just sad that the oil company's are stuck in their old ways and do not want to upgrade.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Pbav8tor

Pbav8tor Old Fart

Still climbing, 3 days and now it is $4.25, what a bunch of crap. I heard some bull that it is cuz we are not connected to some pipeline or we are rural something. Oh come on, I am not happy!

4. ours dropped to 3.73 per

5. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

i paid 3.79 for mid grade yesterday

6. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Wow Illinois got the cheaper gas? Ours is $3.69 for now lol. Isnt there a gas price thread? lol