Slight miss.... Hmmmm

Discussion in '3.0 Engine' started by Black mamba, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

The new ranger (3.0) runs great !!! Except it has a little miss to her lol...
    Things I have done already ,
    Spark plugs, wires, coil pack, air filter, cleaned maf, cleaned throttle body ...
    There's no codes and from what I can tell there is no vacuum leak , any clue ?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. exhaust leak? Air intake gasket leak?

4. OP
    Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

I can't hear any sucking noise so I'm not thinking air inlet leak, it has a babby exhaust leak from the headers but do does the mamba lol, and she don't miss

5. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

Could just be a rough runner. Pretty much any Ranger I've driven or owned or rode in ran a little on the rough side. Smoothest one was a '01 2.5L. lol. My '06 4.0 in my '01 is pretty not smooth. lol.

6. Same with mine. Put new plugs and a gently used coil pack in from Hooligan and it still idles rough slightly.

7. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

could be bad headgasket too, leaking into cylinder will do that. my grandpa had a 99 with 3.0 and replaced stuff like you did and that was the problem.
    you can throw some "bars leak" in there, but its kinda half ass way, thats some nice stuff going through your whole cooling system ha...

8. OP
    Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

AHHH I'm not to concerned lol, this truck gets the "fix it when it breaks" attitude lol, now if this wer my mamba ..... Totally different story , that's my baby ;)

9. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

Swapped the cam synchro yet?

Or whatever that part is on 3.0's that if not changed before it's required, motor go boom. I don't remember....been forever since I've considered a 3.0 for a run-about project that never happened. lol.

10. OP
    Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Not yet lOl. I gotta do it soon though , 170k haha