She lives!!!!!

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Redneck_ranger, Jan 5, 2012.

1. $523.00 later, I have another diff assembly, two axle seals, fluid flushed and changed, and cut rotors. Yeah, it's expensive, but it's worth it. So as of right now, I have two brand new CV axles, two new hubs, and an entire differential on the front end. She runs REAL smooth now. 4x4 works smooth as well. Can't say that I'm not impressed. But at the same time my wallet is feeling empty lol Oh well, that's what's the risk when a truck is taken off road. Now all I need to do is lower the tbars, and get a front end alignment and she'll be running amazing. Then onto new tires and exhaust! :D

Now the non-fun part for me. I am promising, IN FRONT OF EVERYBODY, that I will be laying off with the mud. The occasional, unavoidable mud hole (e.g. Rausch Creek) will be all that she sees. Maybe once in a long while I'll take her, but nowhere near where I was before. Y'all are gonna love me for this haha. Of course, trails are still in store after a while, but not until winter let's up and I get my new tires.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Please tell me you got an alignment as well.

4. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I have to lower the torsion bars first... Why do it twice? Doing that this weekend or Monday, and sending it in for one on Tuesday or Wednesday. It's gotta be done before I go back to school next Sunday.

5. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

now dont wheel the damn thing and treat it nice

6. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

It will still go off road, just on trails. Not mud. Otherwise, it'll be treated like a king haha

7. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Not a bad price. If ya break it again, I dont want to hear ya throwin fits about it

8. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

lol I wont bitch haha

9. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

bout damn time man

10. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Tell me about it bro. I can't wait for the new tires... Hopefully take the bounce of uneven wearing out of it.

11. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

about time you take our advice... lol i know throw another punch to a dead horse... gotta get my shots in.... we're not saying you cant have fun in her just dont beat her to death......

12. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

lol I won't "beat her to death"

13. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

I give it a month before that pig is back in the mud lol

14. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

lol i'll give him the benefit of the doubt i say 2 months.... lol

15. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Geez, thanks guys... Y'all are a real inspiration. Haha. I'll say, probably not until march or april.