Seem like a decent deal?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Redneck_ranger, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Alright, so I got this email from a guy down in the Lehigh Valley of PA. Think these would look good on my truck? And he never said what kind of wheels they were.... My guess is either Pro Comps or D-Windows? Probs wrong lol Here's what he messaged me........:

Hi,

I saw your advertisement on Craigslist for Mud Terrain Tires: http://scranton.craigslist.org/wan/2815169973.html

Are you still in the market for wheels/tires? I am looking to upgrade from my current wheel/rim setup and would need to sell my current BFG 31x10.5R15 Mud Terrains. Here they are on my Jeep. I have had them since 2007, but have only put maybe 10,000 miles on the Jeep. It is not my daily driver and is more of a summer toy/winter warrior.

Right now I am looking to put on a set of 15x8 TJ Canyon rims and 33x10.5 BFG All Terrains. I have the car at college now, but if all the details sort out I can make something work (my family lives in the Lehigh Valley).

Thank you!

And here's the pic he sent......:
    [​IMG]

Think they're good enough for moderate off road use and looks?

And then I also got this message from one of them whores on adult facebook... Boy do I hate these friggin spammers....

Hi there, is your stuff still available? I don't normally do this but you seemed attractive in your post and I'm drawn into you. And no, I'm not a weirdo so read on. I can feel that you're going through rough situations and I'm here for you. I live close by and up for anything. My only concern is that you might be a phony as CL is filled with them. So if you're indeed real, can you prove it on here by creating a free profile on adult facebook?

http:\\cantstopus.net

Only you'll be able to see my pictures and cell # on there so if you enjoy what you see, get hold of me. People say I'm pretty good looking but you can be the judge. ;) I apologize to hassle you...life is too short so I had to give this a chance. I think you'll be impressed, see ya!

-Sent via my iPhone

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

4. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I'm legit thinking about it. I love the look of the KM1's, and was looking for steelies too. I'm hoping he isn't asking some astronomical amount for them...

5. Achromious

Achromious New Member

Those look EXACTLY like my Pacer Daytona's to me
    [​IMG]
    except I'm using the stock caps which I keep forgetting to paint

6. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

That they do my friend. Haha I think it's an exact match lol

7. Achromious

Achromious New Member

Glad to be of service haha

8. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

You need to get prices

9. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I got the email saturday, and couldn't get on until tonight. I sent him one back, and I'm waiting for a reply.

10. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Hi Pete,

No worries about the limited internet access, I understand how that goes! The bolt pattern for my wheels is 5x4.5; I'm not sure if that fits your Ranger or not, so you should check that out. I run a D30/D35 stock axle setup in my Jeep, if that makes a difference for your application. I mapped your school, and it looks like it's probably 1.5 hours North of me. To make an even deal, I think I'd be more interested in meeting you half way? That way we split the gas costs.

As for a CB deal.... I'm interested. The one I have in the Jeep right now isn't very good and I could use an upgrade. Do you have pictures/specifications of yours?

Price for the tires is flexible. I've never sold a set of tires and rims, so I'm not sure how to gauge them. I'll be honest up front and tell you I bought the MTs in 2007 for $600. The rims came from a tire/rim deal I picked up in 2005 ($250 for 4 rims and 4 30x10.5 ATs that were 50% left). New, the rims are AR 767s and worth $70 without shipping. If I do the upgrade, I'm looking at about $900 for the tires and rims. I would need to cover over half the cost for me to make it worth while. Does this sound reasonable? I'd be willing to send you pictures of tread depth and such if you're interested. Please let me know what you're thinking. Like I said, I've never sold wheels before so I'm open to offers and suggestions.

Thanks,

11. Achromious

Achromious New Member

Someone has definitely been stealing rim designs...

12. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

lol Wheels are wheels. Idc what the make is, as long as they're the style I like haha. I think this is a pretty great deal personally.

13. Achromious

Achromious New Member

Oh of course haha I just think its hilarious. They're exactly the same lol. Yeah man sounds like a sweet deal to me

14. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I think and hope so. May trade in the Cobra and cash for these bad boys. I don't really want to, but I never use it, and never pick anything up on it. So it's not really worth the space it's taking up to keep it. Know what I mean?

15. 2004xlmiller

2004xlmiller Member

16. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I think I'm gonna. Waiting on pics of how much tread is left on the tires. If I'm gonna spend $300 and trade my CB for them, then I want to have a lot of tread left.

17. greenmachine2000

greenmachine2000 New Member

might wanna fix your alignment too..mud tires are notorious for throwing them out

18. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Yeah, the Dakota's alignment went to **** after we put the Definity M/T's on it. I gotta get the camber fixed. Idc how these tires wear out. Just enough to save up for 32s

19. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

This is what my dad thinks.... If it was up to him he'd get me some god damn car tires that are $10 a piece.... He acts like the biggest freakin cheapskate when it comes to autoparts.....

The trifecta is expensive. So are the wheels and tires. If he said $450. That is where you start dealing. Take off $200 for the CB and that is $250. He said it is negotiable. Also you won’t get $200 for your wheels as you did not even get that for your factory wheels. Tread looks like it is down there get a measurement. Why get wheels if you have them. Just get tires.

20. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

ok dude if u do not buy these now than i have lost all faith in man kind. great tread good rim and they will bolt right on to ur ranger.

but i would take them to check balance before putting them on

21. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

not as true as u think. what makes mud tires throw alignment out is mud tires being known for taking ball joints out quicker when they grip offroad so well it rips on suspension parts and there for those bad suspension parts rip on the alignment