SAS Kits?

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Redneck_ranger, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Are there any kits for an SAS for an 01? I was doing a little research and google only pulls up threads on the forums about it. So, anyone got any sites? And before you get on me, my mom won't let me sell the truck now... So that's off. And before I go dumping another $600 into the front suspension that I can't lift anyways, why not put it towards an axle? Then I could have my truck and a solid axle and have it be more functional for off road use. Yeah, I know it's a lot of work. But it's one thing that I really want to do. Soooo, any kits I can look up?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

They make a kit for s10's thats what iv seen everyone use...never heard of one for rangers though sorry.... How much does your buddy want for the truck that needs a motor?

4. cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

would work with your truck aswell just have to get an axle..

5. camodown

camodown Member

No one makes one. Now I've heard that james duff is thinking or trying to put one together for 98+ trucks. They have one for the TTB guys. You might give them a call to see that status on that.

6. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Jake, he wants $1200 for it. And looks like I'm gonna have to piece it together then....

7. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

heck for 1200 thats better than a super lift thats the same price

8. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. The superlift is about two grand after everything, so yeah

9. Demon

superlift sucks in my opinion. for some its ok but i think rcd or a sas is better for ur money in a way

10. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Less parts to break and wear out on an SA, so yeah. What are you using for your swap?

11. Demon

when i do mine i will be using a early bronco dana 44.

12. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Okay, and piecing it together from there? Are you gonna make custom mounts, or do they sell kits for that?

13. Demon

custom. and add a toyota steering box. and regear it to 4.56 with some yukon gears

14. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Ah, okay. Would mounts for a ttb ranger work? Or if I cut the mounts off of the donor vehicle?

15. Demon

what do u mean?

16. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Can I get some mounts for shocks and springs and such from a company that makes em for the TTB rangers?

17. cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

Im going with a dana 30 upfront...soon...

18. Demon

just weld them on. people make em.

19. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Alright, I'll talk to my buddy and see if he can do it

20. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-13224-aux-upper-shock-bracket.html Shock mount

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-13211-new-coil-spring-towers-1966-77-pair.html Coil buckets (OR get the adj coil buckets from Ballistic Fabrication)

As for the axle, grab a D44. Get the Ballistic Fabrication sterring kit for it, You will need a reamer with a 1.5" per foot taper for the knuckles and pitman arm.

You need to fabricate a steering box mount on your frame with plate steel and sleeves going through the frame for support. Get a toyota steering box or a stock 93-97 steering box (same as 80-96 F150 boxes)

As for a track bar, use .25 DOM tube with heims and for the upper mount, fabricate one on your frame and weld it on. FYI the track bar and drag link need to run at the same angle.

If you get a EB (early bronco) D44, make sure you get the right c bushings for you radius arms (about 7 degree bushings should be perfect)

If youre sticking with stock D44 radius arms, call up Rough Country for some 4" lift 80-96 F150 radius arm drop brackets. If you're extending them, just get the stock ones off of Broncograveyard.com

As for coils, get Early bronco coils as they flex fairly well yet are still stable on the road.

If you need any more REAL world information, contact me. Ive done a few SAS's so I definitely know what Im doing.

21. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

These mounts WILL work, if you want to run the shortest stock available on the market. Use the shock tower I posted (it's an AUX F250 shock tower)