rpm gauge

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by camshaft27, Nov 9, 2009.

1. camshaft27

camshaft27 New Member

Wat is the easiest way to wire up a rpm gauge on a 94 ford ranger 5spd

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. korny351

korny351 Givin' Ford another try

Easiest way to add a tach to your Ranger would be to get an instrument cluster from a junkyard Ranger of the same vintage with the full instrumentation. Should be just plug and play. '93s and '94s seem to be somewhat proprietary. Clusters from other years won't quite match up in all functions. I've got one from a '92 I believe and I don't have the seat belt light or parking brake indicator. Some Explorer clusters will also work but will have the wrong redline marked. Also some of the Explorer clusters are marked for use only on the V8. Another source would be Ebay. I think my cluster was about $45.

4. OP
    camshaft27

camshaft27 New Member

I bought a tach from autozone. it says to wire it up to the ignition control module, i looked in my haynes manual to locate it but i dont really understand the wiring diagram.