Rotor sizes ?

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Shawn, May 31, 2013.

1. Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

I am going to need front rotors the next time I do brakes. I want to get them ahead of time. Rockauto lists various sizes.
    I am in my air conditioned house at the moment and feeling too lazy to go pull a wheel.
    It's (well it started out as):) a 2003 2wd EDGE. What diameter should the rotors be?
    Can we create a list of Rangers and rotor sizes? Link to one already posted?
    Can I increase my rotor size while I am buying new ones? I figure I would also need caliper brackets etc..

THANKS

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

The biggest ones you can get are the ones you have now which are 12"...... I think they are the same size from 2wd to 4wd

4. rwenzing

rwenzing Bob

2003 2WD Rangers:
    11.28" rotor only.

2003 4x4 Rangers:
    Mid-model year change from 11.28" rotor (early) to 12" (late). Steering knuckle changed to match. Some accounts put the production changeover at 3/3/2003 but there is some doubt about that date.

2WD rotors include the bearing hub, 4WD do not. They are definitely not interchangeable. AFAIK, there's no simple way to convert 2WD to 12" using factory Ranger parts.

Another thing to watch for - aftermarket companies sometimes list the 11.28" rotors as 11.25" or 11 1/4". This can be true of both 2WD and 4WD.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  5. OP
    Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

Thanks Bob. That's the precise information that I was looking for. They will stay at 11.28" then.

6. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

There was once a kit to adapt 13" COBRA rotors onto 98/01+ Rangers....but the gentleman who made the caliper brackets backed out of production.

But x2 on what Bob had said above in post #3. Stick with stock. There's no easy upgrades for you other than pads and rotor style (slotted, drilled + slotted, etc).