ROTM Members rule suggestions

Discussion in 'Ranger of the Month' started by Hooligan, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pooleo

pooleo New Member

I'm not sure I like the theme idea. ROTQ should be about the truck. I think a theme takes away from it. Just my .02 :)

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

^^ I kinda agree also. The biggest complaint is no one entering the contest... it will narrow it down even more if you theme it

4. timbits588

timbits588 New Member

I like pooleo's idea. I was actually thinking of a similar set-up the other day. I think that while a bunch of the active members on the site may get antsy waiting for the next contest to open, the 3 step process will help with that a little bit and will also help to leave the best trucks standing for a vote. I also think that at this point in time, quarterly is by far the best option.

5. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

Well we still need a thread for all of us to post a picture that we want if voted for or nominated

6. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

I don't think quarterly would work out. I know for a fact I would get really board with a three month long contest, one month is easy enough to forget about let alone three. Also who's pocket is the prize comin out of. I don't own the site nor do I get any more than the rest of you out of it, so I don't want it coming out of my pocket. I know your talkin about something small but still, I don't want to pay for it and I'm sure I can say the same for the rest of the staff (not tryin to sound like an a-hole). I am seeing a lot of good ideas that I do think will work. Keep em comin guys

7. maybe that is where the ROOT of the problem starts lol maybe not sponsors but the advertisers that run the banner ads. Not knowing how much a site cost to operate, I would think the owners would do it. To help build up THEIR SITE which later on they can sell for GOOD money

But the prize does not matter to me it is the comradery

8. El Camino Man

You gotta point Ryan... No ones gonna wanna pay for prizes lol.

Heres a bad idea: Maybe make it so you have to put in a dollar to enter? Thatd pay for the sticker/calender/whathaveyou as long as people enter.

Heres another idea thatd require someone with devotion: Put the winner on the homepage! Slap a big pic with their ride, maybe a photo of themselves, and a big ROTM Winner banner

9. Buggman can donate leds, Clinton can donate OHC's, Hurley can donate that chrome front bumber ;) ( I want) Brinker can donate labor hours for repairs. lol

10. El Camino Man

^^^ I like where this is goin lol

11. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

I like the idea of theme. we have enough active members on here to do various colours (black rangers, red rangers, yellow, etc.) Have rangers in the mud, in a field, in the woods, under load, Lifted, lowered, rangers with chicks :p etc. theres so much we could that would not make it old.

12. I will donate 50 fully insulated spade terminals, I am sure we can all come up with something we can donate that is not used or beaten lol

13. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

putting the winner on the homepage/banner is a great idea! man it is tough for me to picture the best way to do this even after all the suggestions...

14. timbits588

timbits588 New Member

i like a lot of the ideas including the banner and quarterly contest until the active users increase, but i don't really like the theme idea. to me ROTM is about the best, most improved, or most BA ranger that is up for vote for that period. excluding some right off the bat because they aren't the right color or whatever would do more harm than good IMHO

15. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

^^true, but ive seen on another site where it seemed 95% of the TOTM winners had a BL and 33s. so winners were the ones that fit the forum trends/groups. but this site is ALOT different so i doubt that would be the case but maybe you see what i mean

16. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

I'm not a big fan of the themed rotm contest, at least not until we have a few thousand more members.

I don't know how the logistics would work if we had an entry fee for the contest to help fund awards, but it's something we can look into.

17. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Again, we need to establish basic rules for the rotm contest. Don't get ahead of yourselves til we have an established contest first.

I am really swaying toward the mods and admin each pick a truck, add it to a monthly vote thread and let the members vote. It can be done that way or the admin randomly pick a members truck and they are awarded the rotm winner.

Quarterly is not a bad idea, but the last two months contest went weeks without a bump or nomination eventually leading it to what we have now. This is a hard contest to do with smaller numbers, so we need a very basic set of rules for it.

18. El Camino Man

I think im starting to like the idea of admins picking the truck. That way were guarenteed to have 3 or 5 trucks to vote on. Then later on down the road, we can come back and reevaluate the situation and change the rules up again to where we can nominate ourselves again.

19. but before the admins or mods pick trucks, we as members need to know what they are looking for cause they will be basically pre-judges, kinda like the saying judge and jury

20. pooleo

pooleo New Member

This is what concerns me with being biased :thumbdown:

21. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

It would be a random pick by active members ID numbers, no name association to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.