Roll bar: yay or nay?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Achromious, Jan 8, 2012.

?

Roll bar: yes/no

1. No!

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Sure!

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  1. OP
    Achromious

Achromious New Member

Well I'm gonna lift it anyway at some point and I already have larger than stock aggressive tires so I dont think it'd be too crazy

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

There ya go!

4. OP
    Achromious

Achromious New Member

I wish he'd just text me back already...

5. ob269

ob269 New Member

Well I personally like them on single cabs better but they can look good in extended cabs, check out morgans truck.. but I got a roll bar for not too much($50 but I got a lighted visor from a second gen Ranger) but the rollbar was of a dakota, so I have to remove like 3 inches from the middle and reweld a support piece over it.. gonna bed line it once its done =)

6. OP
    Achromious

Achromious New Member

So it looks like it should fit in fine. He still hasnt told me the height but I may even be picking it up tomorrow if it'll fit. Worst case if I dont like it I'll just flip it it shouldnt be too hard

7. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

do it up man we all wana see it

8. OP
    Achromious

Achromious New Member

Hoping i can man I do too haha

9. OP
    Achromious

Achromious New Member

Anyone know how to mount it differently than drilling? I saw a post with a guy who just fabbed some mounts with ubolts and a pipe which he attached to his tie downs which I'd rather do if i could manage something along those lines

10. Gorilla glue. lol

11. OP
    Achromious

Achromious New Member

Hey between that and gorilla tape there isn't much you can't do lol

12. Haha. Amen!

13. Captured Time

the step bar on my rig on the right side was taken off the bolt broke and i just used black silicone and works just fine hit a big ass tree with it over new years eve and it stayed on

14. OP
    Achromious

Achromious New Member

Huh good to know. I'll be looking into it more before I put holes in anything so that helps thanks

15. Captured Time

ummm let me look for the stuff i used cuz it been on there since oct like that and held damn good

16. OP
    Achromious

Achromious New Member

Yeah that'd be great cause even if I don't use it for this is could come in handy

17. Captured Time

18. OP
    Achromious

Achromious New Member

And it's a solid adhesive too?

19. Captured Time

???? it worked for me lol

20. OP
    Achromious

Achromious New Member

Well yeah haha. Hey Ill probably pick some up that stuff looks useful

21. ob269

ob269 New Member

I used that same brand silicon gasket maker to make sure my 3rd bl(with buggmans leds!) didn't leak.. no issues with that but I can not attest for its holding strength.. I am going to bolt mine to my bed, but I also plan on adding some beefiness to it by fabbing up a a spare tire holder accross it; like the one that goes accross the gate of a bronco or a zr2 blazer that way it can still swing up out of my way.. but mine isn't like yours, on mine the back support legs go down to the wheel wells not the center of the bed..