Replacing lower ball joints.

Discussion in 'Suspension Tech' started by 06FordFX4, Jan 18, 2013.

1. 06FordFX4

06FordFX4 Canadian Redneck

Finally getting around to it since its a nice day. Only -4f.

Stuck waiting for wrenches from my brother since my dad took his for some reason lol.

[​IMG]

Should I do a little how to?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. 03crewcab

03crewcab Real Trucks Rattle

Yes. :thumbup:

4. OP
    06FordFX4

Step 1: make sure you actually have all the tools needed.

Didn't have a 32 mm socket for the cv shaft but. So tire went back on and I'll have to wait lol.

5. 03crewcab

03crewcab Real Trucks Rattle

Hope weather is 'still nice' next time.

6. OP
    06FordFX4

It won't be lol. Will be a little cool probably. Will pull it in the garage though.

7. Erockontour

Erockontour New Member

i just did my lower and upper ball joints with the help of the proper tools. I went to AutoZone to get the parts, and then I rented the tools to remove and install the joints. They charge full price for the tools, as if you were buying them, but if you return them within 90 days, they refund the full price of the tools. So the ball joints are about $100, but the tools cost over $200, I will receive a full refund on the $200, but if you don't have a credit card or the funds to rent these, it is steep! This all started with a drivers side wheel locking up. I pulled the tire to find the brake caliper guides were dry, no lube! Then I noticed the ball joints were shot! I just bought this truck two days ago, it is a 2000 Ranger XLT stepside. I will post pictures soon!