repair panel sources

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sbramm, Jul 13, 2012.

1. sbramm

sbramm New Member

greetings all. new here and need some direction. looking at a pretty solid 2002 extended cab 4x4 ranger however notice a bit of cancer in the passenger rocker panel. before i complete the purchase i want to be certain that there are sources for new rockers and dog legs. not having much luck in my search so wanted to ask the group.

thanks in advance.

scott

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

Nope you cant buy them. I had this exact same problem except mine were completely rotted out. I got new rockers shaped and molded to my truck then put on. What they have to do is repair the inner rocker panel in order to weld anything and prevent rust from the outside in. Unless you know someone who does body work and is willing to do the job your pretty much not going to find anyone who will do the work and if they do itll cost a good bit. If your from the PA area I can call a friend who did mine and maybe he will fix yours. They came out great and look stock. Took him 6 hours to do it all.

4. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

you might want to see on lmctruck.com i know they have a pretty wide selection of replacement parts... but i believe to repair the rockers you will have to either replace the metal your self or take it to someone who is skilled and have them do it for you.

5. OP
    sbramm

sbramm New Member

thanks for the feedback.

i did check lmc truck but nothing in their on line catalog.

i also looked at fordparts.com and they show both rockers in the parts guide but no indication of availability. i have an inquiry in with my local dealership.

6. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

could try to cut one out of a junkyard truck, or just make one out of some scrap sheet metal, cut out the rot and weld the new in. stuff like old steel shelves and old dryers / washing machines work great for clean flat sheet metal for projects like that.