Reasons for a faulty cruise switch?

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by CatoRanger, Oct 10, 2011.

1. CatoRanger

CatoRanger New Member

I recently noticed that when I push my Cruise Control Switch, it wouldn't do anything.

The work isnt gonna end for me. :thumbdown:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Simple fix dude. sometimes the toggles go bad. I sell alot of them, and can walk you through the swap if you'd like

4. Idk if mine is the same problem or not, but mine doesn't work either. I think my truck's been wrecked before, and it may be due to the airbag deploying. The on/off side does not light up when the lights are on, and does not even come close to working. I think it's either due to the above, or there's a wire loose somewhere.

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

That side is common for dying out. Most likely its just the pod itself

6. So I'd need another one then...? Ah, I'm not too upset over that. I was just curious.

7. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Yeah probably, I can get them for you or if you hit the yard with me I'll teach ya how to swap them out

8. Well, that's the least of my worries right now...