RCD Lift Kit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hurley, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

If you end up getting it, be sure to reinforce the "triangle" shaped differential drop bracket. They're known for snapping in half over time and in-turn, taking out your front shaft with it. Don't jump it or beat on it too hard......the shocks are known for snapping in half just below the valve body.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Ok. Anything else I should look for? I'm picking it up tomorrow. Also how hard would it be to replace the triangle piece?

4. kozal01

kozal01 New Member

This is what I did with my "triangle piece" otherwise known as the differential support bracket. Mine broke this summer at the dunes, I plated it with a 3/16" plate to reinforce it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. OP
    Hurley

Thanks kozal. Does the kit come with one or two of them? I wanna be sure of what I am buying cuz I know nothing about these lifts and I'm spending quite a bit of money.

6. kozal01

kozal01 New Member

Theres just one of them.

7. OP
    Hurley

Ok. Anything else I should look out for?

8. kozal01

kozal01 New Member

It appears that everything is there, even the fasteners and CV spacers that seem to go missing.

9. OP
    Hurley

Ok thanks again! Would you recommend reinforcing the drop bracket before I put in in?

10. kozal01

kozal01 New Member

No problem! Yeah I would do it before, its bound t break and it will do it at the worst time.

11. OP
    Hurley

Did yours break anything when it snapped?

12. kozal01

kozal01 New Member

No. It let the differential twist down so the pinion u-joint hit the cross member and it made a bunch of noise but nothing else broke.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  13. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

But I have heard horror story's about that bracket breaking and blowing holes in the dif!! Def support before install !!

14. Yeah, def don't want this happening to you Hurley.

15. kozal01

kozal01 New Member

Im not sure how that would be possible, seems pretty unlikely to me but its better safe than sorry I guess. Mine let go when I was in low range at full throttle pulling a hill in the sand. It wore the crossmember a bit where the pinion yoke rubbed on it but was un damaged otherwise.

16. OP
    Hurley

thanks. im picking this up today. kozal, did you install it yourself?

17. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

might be someone that it blew the diff was doing things they shouldnt have been doing also?

18. OP
    Hurley

the only way i can see someone really screwing up their truck would be if they were jumping it

19. Or going 60 mph on a trail. lol

20. kozal01

kozal01 New Member

Yes I did

thats a possibility.

21. OP
    Hurley

How tough of a job is it to do yourself?