Ranger with 20s

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Crazed, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Crazed

Crazed New Member

So I bought my first Ranger, it's a 97 super cab 4.0 5 speed and love everything about it, except for the wheels that were on it. The kid gave me 6 tires, 4 on rim, two off. The two rears were obviously used to do burn outs. The two extras he gave me hold air for about a day with no signs of holes. So I was floating around on craigslist and found a full set of 275 60 20 for $60 so I bought them. The rears fit fine, look really good to. The fronts I left alone because I know the 275 60s wouldn't fit. Does anyone have an idea of what I could do to make these monstrous tires fit under my Ranger?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

jack it up and bolt them on I have the same tire size and mine fit fine a little rubbing at full turn but they fit, or you could take your fender flares off thatll give you more clearance

4. OP
    Crazed

Crazed New Member

Are yours 20"? it looks to me like they will rub like mad.

5. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

yeah I just noticed you said they were 20's lol they will rub like a mofo, so what you can do is crank your torsion bars if you have them and that should give you the clearance while also acting as a leveling lift kit.

6. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

No torsion bars....it's a 97.

I fit 32's on a stock 2wd ranger. I had to trim the bumper slightly tho. Like 4 inches slightly.... those are 265 75 17s

[​IMG]