random stalling

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by joncf, Mar 20, 2013.

1. joncf

joncf New Member

Just went few miles then engine just cut off like I turned the key off. tried starting and just cranked over a few times then I started back up and ran great. I checked the terminals which were very clean and tight. I took it out again and same thing shut down with no warning and would not start up even with pedal down like it getting no fuel . battery light came on both times but no codes. anyone have any suggestions?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. dropt_98

dropt_98 New Member

Check you are getting fuel pressure at the rail (prime the fuel pump twice, make sure the truck is off, then check the schraeder valve on the fuel rail, if you get a squirt you have pressure). Sounds like you're not getting any fuel. Does it crank or is it completely dead? Any sputtering?

4. OP
    joncf

joncf New Member

I am getting good fuel pressure it runs great. I just ran it for 10 miles and didn,t act up at all. Intermitten problem I hate them. don't know what to check. Its has new coil/modual,

5. dropt_98

dropt_98 New Member

Could be a bad ground somewhere maybe. Check your battery connections and your connections on your alternator