Quite the Conundrum Here...Please Advise

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BBLoom, Jun 15, 2012.

1. BBLoom

BBLoom BBLoom

So my band director from high school is marrying the band director from my rival high school in the next two weeks or so. It's been a long time in the making (like 5 or 6 years) and I am super excited for them to tie the knot. Here is my problem though. I do not want to get them some cheesy home goods store gift like a toaster. They are both very dear friends and I would really like to get them something outside the box, preferably something to do with conducting.

I already looked at custom engraved his and her batons but it was way too expensive. I am not looking to break the bank on this one, no more than $100. Any ideas? I have been racking my brain on this one for two weeks!:thumbup:

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

You could always engrave the batons yourself or find an artistic person in your school and pay them to do it.

4. pooleo

pooleo New Member

hmmmmmm, well. Not sure. But, I can tell you this, dont get them a cat!

the band teacher at my high school got bit by his cat on his forearm. Did something where it made his arm from elbow down go limp. That was the end of his directing career. :(

5. OP
    BBLoom

BBLoom BBLoom

I thought about that too but the batons, they were to be useable batons, I am looking at like $150 per baton (I know their preferences). I thought about making them decorative batons but I don't have a shop at my disposal

6. OP
    BBLoom

BBLoom BBLoom

bahaha no cats will be given. She is allergic