Question

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by Marc, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Marc

Marc New Member

Hey guys. I am about to buy my first ranger. It's a 1995 4 banger, 5 speed 2wd. What things should I look for? Are there any rust spots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Tonyroy1

Tonyroy1 New Member

Keep the oil changed and use 1 quart of Lucas oil supplement...this is the best vehicle you will ever own....Mine getting ready to turn over 350,000 miles....Only problem ever was a $16 fuel pump relay fuse located under the hood.. I love my Ford Ranger 4cyl 2wd...

4. ZappyBear

ZappyBear Member

On my second ranger, I have noticed a common occurence between the two I have owned and currently own. And on the ones I do oil and tires on at work. The leaf hangers and shackles rot out. I saw one ranger where someone never replaced the rotted out one and it rubbed a hole through the bed. Not sure what happens when a front hanger fails. Another thing, i don't know if the 4 banger manual tranny is heavy enough to cause an issue, but I know on 4.0l 6 bangers the fron't springs will sag, you'll notice it especially on twin beam rangers. It'll mess up your toe and camber.