Question on 2.3L Duratec Oil Pan Removal

Discussion in '2.3 Engine' started by 03crewcab, May 10, 2013.

1. 03crewcab

03crewcab Real Trucks Rattle

Hey guys,
    I've done my research, but I can't find any answers. I've seen my oil pan has this small oil leak, and I want to remove it to change the gasket.

To do this, do I need to lift the engine or remove the transmission? Or is just a matter of removing all bolts and oil pan is off? I took a quick look and don't see any other complications besides removing the pan bolts (It started raining hard while I was under the truck :thumbdown:)

Now, I don't do this right now because if I ran into something and I can't fully remove the pan, then I'll get stuck with an even bigger oil leak, and that'd suck.

Specs: 2003 Ford Ranger 4x2 2.3L Duratec. It has torsion bars, I don't know if that helps or not. Transmission is a M5OD-R1.

Any help is appreciated. :thumbsup:

Thanks, guys.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

i think you just unbolt it

4. OP
    03crewcab

03crewcab Real Trucks Rattle

Thanks. It hasn't stopped raining. Any chance I have and I will check it out.