Project: cookiemonster's power ranger

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by cookiemonster, Feb 16, 2012.

1. OP
    cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

Im thinking about leaving it primer for awhile....i do alot of trail riding an my truck get scratched to ****...aint nothin easier to match then primer!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. looks good that way too!

4. OP
    cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

Ill leave it for a little bit and see how i like it in a couple weeks... still have to spray the hood and door jambs. Weather is ridiculous around here. Was 82 the day i painted it, and today and yesterday were like 43. **** sucks, im freezing my ass off with horrible an i mean Bad sunburn! :(

5. OP
    cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

Broke and fixed a spring hanger today!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    some spare parts!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. OP
    cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

So i picked up a 5 inch cowl scoop...for free, So ill be installing that on wednesday. Also swapped out my oh **** handles for a set out of a lincoln town car, They're the fold up kind and actually look alot better then factory, and the bolt right up! Will have some pics up for you guys in the next day or so!

7. OP
    cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

new clutch will be in on wednesday.

8. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Not goin auto?

9. OP
    cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

No, don't have the time to....its my only vehicle an its killing me with it being off the road for the 4 days already. If i go auto i still have to source a trans, computer wiring, steering column...etc So im just gonna put a clutch in it and pick up a donor truck in the future. Wanna come help put the clutch in?

10. OP
    cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

Ok, so i just went to tractor supply and finally picked up my hardware for the bodylift! CLutch won't be here til around 3 tomoro, So i have all morning to put the BL in. Will have pics tomoro....i is so excited :)))))))))))))))))

11. OP
    cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

Half of the body lift is done!...bed bolts won't come out, So that will be taking up the rest of my day. Since the clutch still isn't here WTF!!!!

12. pics !!!! lol

13. OP
    cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

Body lift is done!...aside from bumper brackets, because i don't have any. :( I got the clutch, showed up around 430. Got the trans in....almost done just have to put the driveshafts in, and she's kinda ready to roll! Woulda been done tonight, but i started getting eaten by mosquitos. :( Should have some pics tomoro hopefully.

14. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

how hard was the body lift to do? im thinking about doing one on my truck.

15. OP
    cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

Actually very simple!

16. Bwad

Bwad New Member

Nice truck man! 3rd Gens > all.

17. OP
    cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

A little teaser....

[​IMG]

18. OP
    cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

new seat cover...the camo is coming together!
    [​IMG]

a couple driveway pics cuz i was bored.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

a little bit of an update....was gonna go sas, but opted not to. My ttb has held up rather well and id rather not fallow the crowd with an sas. I just ordered a set of pivot brackets, So i can get started on my d44 ttb, f150 8.8 rear. Before i get started im rebuilding the axles (in progress)! Might go with an eaton m90 also....since i scored one at the junkyard for dirt cheap.

19. OP
    cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

Got the bumper moved up to accomidate the BL. Starting messing around with paint, to make a decision on what color to paint the truck...finally lol Well i made my decision, Its a really nice red...called sunrise red. Now that the trial run is done, will be finishing painting the truck within the next week or so as long as the weather stays nice. THIS PAINT IS SO SHINY>>>I LOVE IT!!!!
    [​IMG]
    EDIT: second pic looks atrocious, because of the sun. Looks amazing in person...jus sayin.
    [​IMG]

20. thats gonna look sweet when your done. I like the red even

21. that would look sweeter with those rims I have..!! if you want them let me know before I buy a set of tires