PATS help!!

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Black mamba, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Does anyone know how to reset the PATS passive anti theft system, on our trucks? It won't let my baby start :(:(

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. generally if you disconnect the battery for 20 min, it should go back to factory setting is what the local dealer told me. But if you tried to program another key with using just one, the dealer or a very good locksmith who has the programing can do it or has to do it I was told
    That is what happened to mine but I was near a dealership and a took it there they tried to program a key I bought off ebay hahaha no good they charged me 150 bucks cause the ebay key screwed something up in the programing and they said they had to perform a diagnostic on it to find where the problem is.

4. OP
    Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Yup, I tried every trick in the book!!! Well guess it will be getting towed to ford tomorrow:(

5. PeterMartin

PeterMartin Guest

Car dealers

Follow some simple steps to set the anti theft system
    1. Turn the key into off position.
    2. Turn all the way on without turning the motor over
    3. Left it for 10 minutes without touching it.
    4. this will automatically reset the anti theft program

Matthew Mischke likes this.