painting projects

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mcdonald58, May 27, 2012.

1. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

Plasti Dip... I did 1 light coat then like 6 heavy coats in November and guess what it has not peeled or crack off any of it yet looks factory

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

alright thanks ill have to pick up a can. you get it at lowes right? i was thinking krylon fusion since i have the primer, paint, and clear already. but ive seen people do it in plastidip and it came out good. what kind of prep did you do. im thinking of sanding it down with 220 grit.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  4. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

i went to home depot and got goo b gone and plasti dip and blacked out my emblems.
    [​IMG]
    i also picked up this attachment that i can put on any can of paint. i like it a lot it helps me spray evenly since i pull a trigger instead of having to push down a button. for two bucks you cant beat it.
    [​IMG]

5. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

didnt mean to post in this thread

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012